ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Non-Notepad(MS) Thread!

<< < (10/11) > >>

rjbull:
(There are times when I remember that the first PC I had regular use of had 640k RAM and a 20MB hard disk -- and that WordStar ran comfortably from a small fraction of that disk space-oblivion (July 29, 2013, 04:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
I remember those good old days - until one discovered TSRs, and ran into RAM-cram :)  If you're nostalgic for WordStar, still the best way to get text down on disk, take a look at WSedit, or its more basic brother ME (Martin's Editor), the latter being intended as (gasp!  Back on topic!) a Notepad replacement, and both of them freeware.

TaoPhoenix:
More mumbling...

After Notepad2 wandered away somehow, I put it back. Except this time I am in a chess mood, so the auto line numbering could be amazingly helpful! It would automatically number game scores (Could allow for one line of annotation per move or just do ... and carry it over on the next line)

And as a quick and dirty form of analysis, you could put lines side by side and then compare "did I castle on move 9 or 10 and what did that do?"

You might also be able to do a Bible so you can list "chapter and verse"! :  )

Nod5:
I have tried a bunch of the programs mentioned above and for me Notepad2 hits the sweet spot. Much more powerful than Microsoft Notepad but not as complex as Notepad++. But I have no word autocomplete in autohotkey files in Notepad2-mod. Does anyone here have that working?

dr_andus:
But I have no word autocomplete in autohotkey files in Notepad2-mod. Does anyone here have that working?
-Nod5 (August 02, 2013, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you looked at SciTE4AutoHotkey?

Nod5:
Have you looked at SciTE4AutoHotkey?
-dr_andus (August 02, 2013, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
No I hadn't. But that is a standalone editor (right?). I want to stick with Notepad2-mod and .ahk code highlighting already works there. It is only the autocomplete that falters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version