ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Error when trying to start ScreenCaptor

(1/2) > >>

grimmlock:
I get the following error when ScreenCaptor starts, this also prevents me from having this start up when windows starts.

"Error Moving Files: could not create directory My Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenCaptor\Screen...\OLDER"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Grimm

mouser:
Well the easiest immediate thing to do is go to the "Saving and Loading Files" tab in options, and UNCHECK the group box labeled "Auto Move Older Screenshots", which will prevent SC from trying to do that at startup.

But then you might want to figure out WHY the program is having a hard time creating that directory..

grimmlock:
I unchecked that option and when I close it and reopen it the option comes back as checked. Should I uninstall the software and reinstall it?

mouser:
Should I uninstall the software and reinstall it?
--- End quote ---
no, that will make no difference.

it sounds like maybe the running instance of screenshot captor is having a hard time saving anything -- like maybe it can't even write it's options to file.

try restarting the program, changing some options, exiting.
then restart, are any of your changes saved?

did you do anything unusual to install screenshot captor? are you using standard installer or portable version? did you copy your settings from another machine? etc.

grimmlock:
I was able to fix the error and at the same time have the setting stay, by manually creating the folder My Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenCaptor\. Apparently there are settings and other files related to ScreenCaptor that are needed and since it could not create them on their own I have to manually create them. Thank you for your help and quick response...

-Grimm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version