ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 4.5 Beta - Request for testers

<< < (4/5) > >>

cmpm:
I put "test" in the new post-capture dialog field for filename overide.
This is what I got after 'save and show'.

test Screenshot - 6_30_2013 , 6_11_16 PM

Is that what it's supposed to do?

cranioscopical:
That dialog is supposed to override everything else, no matter what the internal settings are?

If so, it's not working here.
What does work is custom file naming using a combination of internal settings and the post-capture comment field.

mouser:
Ah you make a good point.
That overide field really overides the QUICK field.

So.. if you have a %quickfield% in your filename template, it will replace that PORTION of your filename template.
But if you don't have a %quickfield% string anywhere in your filename template, it should be used as the entire filename.
At least that's my memory -- does that match your observations.

cmpm:
After removing all quick fields, yes.
And the override will override the quick field in the main window, but not in preferences-file naming template-default new file name.
Preferences-file naming template-default new file name must be empty/blank to accommodate the override.

And even if preferences-file naming template-default new file name is blank, without an override name it will use the last preferences-file naming template-default new file name. I think that is how it is working.

mouser:
Can you elaborate on this:
"but not in preferences-file naming template-default new file name. Preferences-file naming template-default new file name must be empty/blank to accommodate the override."

that doesn't quite seem right -- it may be a coding error on my part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version