topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: LinkStash bookmarks/favorites manager updated to 3.0.0  (Read 3856 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
LinkStash bookmarks/favorites manager updated to 3.0.0
« on: June 17, 2013, 03:53 PM »
LinkStash v3.0.0 - The best of the "Favorites"
The Ultimate Bookmark Management Tool
Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit and 64-bit support)

LinkStash Overview

LinkStash is an outstanding bookmarks/favorites manager that works with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Netscape. Just 5 minutes with LinkStash and we are betting you will never want to use any other bookmark manager again!

• LinkStash can open and close with your browser
  • Using LinkStash means you can store and organize all your favorite links in a familiar Explorer-style tree arrangement
  • With fields for tags, comments, ratings, passwords, date last visited and so on, your links are easily edited, maintained and kept up to date
  • Clean up your links with the dead link checker
  • You can make your bookmarks visible and easy to find by using color highlights
  • A customizable toolbar allows you to arrange all your favorite commands in a sensible, custom arrangement of your choice
  • You can also keep your LinkStash bookmarks synchronized with IE Favorites
  • If your bookmark collection contains sensitive data then you can encrypt the whole bookmark file using strong encryption
  • You can take your bookmarks with you on a portable flash drive using LinkStash portable
  • A single-user license can be used on both the portable and the installer version - no need for an extra license

For a complete history of changes see the changelog.

Summary of improvements since version 2.1.3.

• Bookmarks can open in a new browser tab (Internet Explorer and Firefox), new window (Chrome.)
  • Greater search precision, search by date added, date visited, number of visits, rating.
  • The bookmark fie is monitored for changes and is reloaded if changes are detected, this is useful is you have two computers using the same bookmark file. You can even use this with cloud storage like Dropbox.
  • Built-in special searches for recently added or recently visited bookmarks.
  • The website title and description fields in the bookmark dialog can be fetched from the website.
  • Drag bookmarks from LinkStash to the desktop or Window Explorer to create internet shortcuts.
  • Customizable font size for the bookmark pane and folder pane.
  • Bookmarks can be copied as text in many ways: URL, name, URL & name, HTML link.
  • Bookmarks can be opened with Safari, Maxthon2 and Maxthon3.
  • Bookmarks can be added from from Maxthon2.
  • LinkStash starts/stops with Safari and Maxthon browser.
  • Greater password flexibility allows you to submit the website logon after sending the password without the need to send the user name.
  • You can apply the current sort order to all folders or only the sub-folders.
  • Editable saved search criteria.
  • Import URLs from a text file.
  • Export and import tags.
  • LinkStash can automatically Sign Out when the computer goes to sleep.
  • Improved and reorganized the layout of the options dialog box and menus.
  • Option to show or hide obsolete browsers in LinkStash.

Buy LinkStash

When you buy LinkStash, you are buying a license to use the product. The license is delivered to you as a serial number by email once the order has been completed. When you receive your serial number, enter it into LinkStash by clicking 'Purchase or register LinkStash' in the Help pull-down menu.

• 30 day money back guarantee
  • All updates to version 3.x are free
  • If you have a LinkStash 3 serial number you don't need to buy again, just download
  • If you have a LinkStash 2 serial number you qualify for a discounted upgrade
  • If you have a LinkStash 1 serial number you can still upgrade
  • The same serial number can be used on both regular and the portable package

Single-User and Business Licenses
A single license does not permit simultaneous use by multiple users. However, volume discounts are available to both business and non-business customers.
$24.95 per license

Family Pack License (up to 5 Computers)
The Family Pack License allows you to install and use one copy on up to 5 computers in the same household. This offer does not extend to business or commercial users.
$49.95 (60% discount)

Bundle offer, save over $30 : buy LinkStash and ClipCache Pro together at the same time, you'll save money and get MultiMacro for FREE! You must use the link below to buy this bundle.
BUY The Bundle and SAVE Over $30

For Business Customers
If you would like to buy multiple copies for your business, please select the required number of copies. Volume discounts will apply automatically. Please contact support for more information.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LinkStash bookmarks/favorites manager updated to 3.0.0
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 03:00 AM »
The beginning of the original post was different but wrong,
because reality was different from what I first thought it to be.
--------------------------------------------------

This offer was when my discount code already had been accepted:

2013-08-11_095419.gif

Re-edited: For me this has been a new but weird situation. The payment page refused to tell me the final price in advance, but kept saying "Subtotal $25" plus on the next line: "coupon: -$10", without calculating the result - this way making me think $25 was the final result. Only AFTER I'd clicked "Confirm Order" was I told the result is $18,71 (they didn't mention VAT, but it clearly already had been added). This web store is not to my liking.

LinkStash 3 may very well be The Best of the kind,
but in my mind it is merely a bookmark manager and overpriced;
I have never really used my version 2 !
I can (and have) of course read the What's New,
but all the same I am asking (doubting) if version 3 really is worth another $18.71 compared to version 2?
 :tellme:

or is my resistance merely due to my hurt feelings from visiting their store (I aborted the purchase)?
 :-[

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:27 AM by Curt »