topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: browse without hands  (Read 4698 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
browse without hands
« on: June 16, 2013, 05:54 PM »
hello
I am so tired of manually browsing and I am looking for a way to browse without hands
maybe phonetic? don't know
any suggestions?
it must be accurate and fast
thanks!

rsatrioadi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: browse without hands
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 11:32 PM »
If you're like me, you'll find talking to your computer more tiring than typing with your hands (I don't talk much).

Anyway, Windows since Vista includes built-in voice command program. You might want to try that; just open the Start Menu and search for Windows Speech Recognition. It's probably enough, but I think the best speech recognition/voice command program for Windows I've ever tried is DragonNaturallySpeaking, if you're willing to spend some money.

Another way to browse without using your hands that I can think of is by using your feet, but I doubt it's accurate or fast. :P

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Actually there are some foot controllers. I've thought about using one for cap shift, but not for browsing.

http://www.fentek-ind.com/FootPedal.htm

http://bilbo.com/

http://abilityhub.com/mouse/foot.htm

rsatrioadi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 07:26 PM »
Whoa... Now I recall that I've heard about foot controller many years ago, but I thought it was just a concept. Nice share! :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 12:17 PM »
Perhaps there's an eye tracking peripheral like the fighter pilots use to lock rockets on target?  It should be fast once you learn to control your blinking.  :)

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Hi from the a*** end of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Perhaps there's an eye tracking peripheral like the fighter pilots use to lock rockets on target?  It should be fast once you learn to control your blinking.  :)
Several years ago, there was some freeware floating around for using your cam to track where you were looking and hence move the cursor. It worked (no comment about the quality of the experience).I can't remember whether it provided for LMB /RMB clicks or not. Probably best used just to sate one's curiosity.
Edit: there's a version at http://www.cameramouse.org/

rsatrioadi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 02:47 AM »
Thanks to tsaint, I tried a similar program: eViacam, and now I have a sore neck. :P

It works well, accurate, has two click modes (dwell click and gesture click), and allows left, middle, and right mouse click as well as left mouse dragging and left mouse double click. It messes up if/while there's someone else in the camera's line of vision, though.

It was fun overall, just don't use it for more than an hour. :P

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 09:29 AM »
Heh.  Reminds me.. I had a neighbor with motion detection emergency/spotlight activation in his condo. Pull in the driveway, the lights come on.  Unforutnately, if I sat on his porch at the table and used hand gestures while telling a story, I got the spotlight in the face.  Made me feel like Dragnet 3rd degree was being applied!!  Ok!! I confess! Just turn off the damn spotlight!!!  :)