topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: E3 Day 3 Test driving 'Fantasia'  (Read 2958 times)

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
E3 Day 3 Test driving 'Fantasia'
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:07 AM »
E3 Day 3 Test driving 'Fantasia'.jpg

E3 Day 3 Test driving 'Fantasia'

Anyone here interested in this kind of music software.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: E3 Day 3 Test driving 'Fantasia'
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 08:13 AM »
I have mixed feelings about things like this in much the same way I have misgivings about things like music mash-ups.

From my wholly personal and arbitrary perspective, I think it provides people with a false sense of creativity, and has more in common with someone rearranging the place settings at a table, rather than cooking up a tasty meal.

I  think if it encourages and inspires someone to begin to create their own content (from their own resources, skills and ideas) it's great. But if it becomes its own thing, then it's just another variant of "air guitar" where somebody is pretending to be artistic when they're really not going much beyond being clever or entertaining.

But that's probably just me. ;D

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: E3 Day 3 Test driving 'Fantasia'
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:39 PM »
I have mixed feelings about things like this in much the same way I have misgivings about things like music mash-ups.

From my wholly personal and arbitrary perspective, I think it provides people with a false sense of creativity, and has more in common with someone rearranging the place settings at a table, rather than cooking up a tasty meal.

I  think if it encourages and inspires someone to begin to create their own content (from their own resources, skills and ideas) it's great. But if it becomes its own thing, then it's just another variant of "air guitar" where somebody is pretending to be artistic when they're really not going much beyond being clever or entertaining.

But that's probably just me. ;D

It's kind of a form of plagiarism, is it not?