ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[IDEA] copy on select

(1/3) > >>

kalos:
hello

each time I select/highlight text in any program, I would like to copy it automatically in a clipboard (seperate from the normal clipboard, which will be used when I copy text with ctrl+c, by context menu, and the other normal ways of copy)

then, middle click to paste only the data of that seperate clipboard

can anyone implement something like this?

thanks!

Ath:
I think the Skrommel utility DragKing does most of that already, source is available, so you can adjust as desired :)

kalos:
yes, that's close, but I think it needs a lot of work to become what I am looking for, of which I dont have a clue :/

Curt:
The new in your idea is not copy on select, but paste on middle-click; many programs will offer to copy on select. You may want to have a different kind of extra clipboard, as an example working with the NUM keys - I cannot imagine anyone offering the middle-click option.

skwire:
I've used a slightly more complicated version of this QnD (Quick 'n Dirty) AHK script for years to paste on middle-click.  Here's a basic version:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---~MButton::{    If ( A_Cursor = "IBeam" )    {        SendInput, ^v    }}Return

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version