ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (162/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
Yeah, I tried to plug DC really good, since I got MAJOR help and encouragement here.

"Kyrathaba Rising" just got its fifth 5-star review: http://williambryanmiller.com/?p=533

That's now five 5-star and five 4-star reviews.

kyrathaba:
Anyone know someone who organizes book blog tours? I'm not interested in anything pricey (in fact, free would be ideal). I also don't mind if it's a small book blog tour (6-10 blog-stops as opposed to 15+).

kyrathaba:
Great interview by Goodreads with Kim Stanley Robinson. It's chiefly about his new novel, Shaman (the cover of the book is beautiful, IMHO).

oblivion:
Oblivion, care to chime in? (We've been PMing...)
-kyrathaba (August 24, 2013, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I thought I had notify switched on for this thread and ... well, I have now :)

I'm offering to do the audio but I'm not especially experienced in this stuff, so any and all advice will be helpful! (But first, I have to finish reading the book -- which yes, I'm thoroughly enjoying and will review on Amazon when I've finished -- and wait for my shiny new microphone to arrive!)

kyrathaba:
From what I gather from mouser, three things are of critical importance:

(1) A good quality microphone (on its way)
(2) A very quiet place (WhisperRoom quality)
(3) Listen to some existing audio books to pick up the nuances/tricks/gestalt of it.

The ACX website talks alot in "Narrator help" about pacing. Reading slowly enough that slower listeners can "keep up" mentally, but not too slow.

I know you'll do a fantastic job. Can't believe how DC has leaped into this project with me. I'm very grateful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version