ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (102/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
Our hard deadline for publishing is 8/10, but I'd like to publish by my birthday, July 26th, 5 days from now, if we can swing it. That would be cool. However, we'll just have to see.

kyrathaba:
Mouser, sent you email with updated MOBI file.

kyrathaba:
At this point, we're at a place in the book's development where I deem it "releasable"; much as we software developers reach a point at which we say to ourselves, "this piece of software is not perfect, but it's useful. I'm going to release it to the world, and then update it as I find the occasional bug or add the occasional feature."

Therefore, the book is now available on Smashwords, and has already sold several copies. When mouser and the authors I've submitted to give their review, I'll ask permission to quote a blurb, and will upload an updated ebook with 3 or 4 blurbs in the front. It would also be wonderful if they reviewed it on Goodreads and Amazon.

I cannot say enough great things about Perry and 4wd, who have been excellent, truly outstanding proofreaders and have suggested invaluable edits. They will each be receiving a digitally autographed e-book copy. We still have the latest epub on Gdocs, scrutinizing, pruning...

The book will soon be available on Amazon and GoogleBooks as well. It is the same price everywhere: $2.99 USD. People who have "Liked" my author page on Facebook can contact me for a coupon code good for 15%-off this price.

In adding up samples downloaded from Goodreads, DC, Scribd, Smashwords and Issue, I see that way over 300 previews have been made of the book. On Smashwords, you can download 50% of the entire book as a free sample. Same will be true on Amazon once it passes review.

If at any point in the future you read the book and enjoy it, please let Perry and 4wd know. They deserve equal credit in any success it may enjoy.

wraith808:
Congrats! :)

mouser:
It's a huge accomplishment to write a novel.  Congratulations  :up:

ps. Just bought my copy at smashwords -- painless and fun process -- looking forward to discovering new indie writers there (hopefully some more DC members too).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version