ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (85/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
So above is a summary of progress so far.
--- End quote ---

Yep, just a summary.

Meanwhile, I'm writing brief outlines for the finishing chapters. Makes them much easier to write.

I hope to be done with the writing and the biggest chunk of the correcting by this time next month. Mouser wants to read the entire book, once in it's "this is what I'm gonna upload to Smashwords" format. So he'll be our final set of eyes. Him, and maybe Wraith (although Wraith has his own writing irons in the fire, currently).

In that last read before upload, we'll of course be looking for your overall reaction/enjoyment level, and will also be looking for things that all three of us (me, Perry, 4wd) missed, in terms of typos, misplaced commas and apostrophes, misplaced or missing quotation marks. There won't be very many errors, believe me: Perry and 4wd are thorough. What I do hope is to catch whatever few rough edges we three might have missed, and I'm looking for review blurbs from those who've read the book (anyone willing to write one -- doesn't have to be long or syrupy; short and honest is fine, though naturally I'll not include a blurb that says "You paid money for this?", or "Unadulterated rubbish"). Those blurbs will go into the upload to Smashwords, before the Title Page. It'd be nice to have at least two or three blurbs by people who've read the book.

There's a lot of dialogue; relatively less exposition (though there of course is some). I view exposition like table salt. A little bit can enhance flavor; too much makes for something unpalatable. I believe in showing rather than telling. Show the reader via the character's words and actions. Much more dynamic and satisfying.

kyrathaba:
Guys, I've responded to comments on Chapter 3 in Google Docs. Awaiting responses. Would like to get this chapter done before I look at Ch. 4.

kyrathaba:
Prologue and Chapters 1 through 3 are locked-in for final beta-reading. Currently, we're trying to get Ch. 4 resolved and move on to Ch. 5.

kyrathaba:
I wish to express my ongoing gratitude to Perry Mowbray and 4wd for their work on Google Docs to give the text a critical reading. Many improvements have resulted, not to mention many mistakes fixed. Thanks to you both.

A separate thank you to Perry for the beautiful book cover. Amazing! Wish I had that kind of talent.

For those following our progress, we're trying to get all Chapter 4 comments resolved on Google Docs, so that I can then begin addressing observations made about Ch. 5 text.

4wd:
^He's a slave driver, I had the whole thing wrapped up in chapter 4 with the death of Sethra indirectly through the effects of an overactive vagus nerve.

@K: 4's clear, I've left a couple of things in 5.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version