ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (83/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
I won't write further chapters until we've gone through existing ones thoroughly.

I figure the workflow on Google Docs will continue in this vein:

(1) I change something and make a comment explaining why I think the change was needed (corrects error, more readable, provides clarity, etc.)
(2) You guys either "Resolve" the comment, or "Reply" with counter-suggestions.

We loop Steps (1) and (2) until we three agree the particular chapter under scrutiny meets muster.

At that point, we'll consider it locked-in, and I won't touch it again prior to publication, unless one of you happens to revisit it and sees something that was missed before.

In this way, we can progress through the existing manuscript, which is roughly 3/4 done, and get what's already been written firmly locked-in before I write the concluding chapters.

A nice side-effect will be knowing that we're all on the same page, and have all three combed each section of text thoroughly.

What do you think?

kyrathaba:
^ Regarding the above workflow, I've finished my edits for the Prologue and Chapter 1, and am ready for your comments or for you to "Resolve" my comments on our mutual Google Docs document.

kyrathaba:
I have resolved some comments, that I think are straightforward. You guys can always re-open and review those comments. Other comments I've left for you guys to click to "Resolve".

4wd:
Works for me, I see we're all in there atm :)

kyrathaba:
I've kept the window open in my browser, though I've not been constantly at my computer. Right now, I'm satisfied with Prologue and Ch. 1 if you guys are. I'm reading Ch. 2 on my tablet and making tweaks. While you guys scour Prologue and Chapter 1 and vote whether we lock those in for publication, I'll be tweaking/reviewing Chs. 2 and 3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version