ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (81/186) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Perry, have you set it up on Gdocs, and added us with the appropriate permissions? If so, shoot me a link and I'll start taking a look...
-kyrathaba (July 05, 2013, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

From the email that GDocs sends out you need to use the 'Open in new window' link, not the 'Show preview' link (as that seems to just open in GMail.

wraith808:
It depends on the settings on the document.  When being added, you have to be given the ability to comment.  It works very well, and versions.
-wraith808 (July 05, 2013, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually the settings are to allow:

* Editing
* Comments
* Viewing
Everyone has edit rights...
-Perry Mowbray (July 05, 2013, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Everyone has *view* rights.  Everyone doesn't have edit rights.  I've seen it in practice (we use google at work) where I can comment, but not edit.  Or view and do nothing.  If you have edit rights, you have all the others... but the others are more granular.

4wd:
Everyone has *view* rights.  Everyone doesn't have edit rights.  I've seen it in practice (we use google at work) where I can comment, but not edit.  Or view and do nothing.  If you have edit rights, you have all the others... but the others are more granular.
-wraith808 (July 05, 2013, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Found the problem - you can't do anything if you have Revision History open, which, AFAIAC, is just plain stupid.

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

I get it now... you were saying that everyone had been set up with edit rights.  d'oh.  I thought you were saying no matter what, everyone had edit rights.  :-[

Perry Mowbray:
--- End quote ---

I get it now... you were saying that everyone had been set up with edit rights.  d'oh.  I thought you were saying no matter what, everyone had edit rights.  :-[
-wraith808 (July 05, 2013, 08:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep... sorry, should have been more explicit.

BTW: Just had a great couple of hours with kyrathaba & 4wd all playing at the same time :Thmbsup:

Other proofreaders always welcome... just let us know :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version