ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (68/186) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Actually I think what I'm gonna do is slow down and just release every three chapters. At that rate, we'll have about 4 or 5 more uploads, probably spaced at least a week apart.
-kyrathaba (July 02, 2013, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, about 6 chapters every two weeks!? That's a pretty fast clip! "Optimistically speaking" that's about the schedule I'd review it at if I can focus. : )

4wd:
See if this reads right now:

In a subsection of Engineering, android A32N-15 used a pallet truck to relocate a pallet heavy with boxes of insulation tape. He moved the load backward three meters, revealing a metal trapdoor in the plastcrete floor. He partially descended a canted metal ladder and eased the trapdoor shut behind him. Automatic lights sprang to life as he stepped onto the floor of this buried area. The cot had been prepared, he saw.
Android A32N-43 stood next to the cot with two specialized robot tools. “Welcome, brother, and congratulations. The Council is well-pleased indeed to bestow this honor on you. You will be the fourth to join our elite rank.”
A32N-15 lay down on the table, and his fellow turned on the robotic machines he had prepared. “I am honored. Serving the Council is its own honor,” he said.
A32N-43 echoed him, “Serving the Council is its own honor.” He produced a small case, while one of the robot tools drew a laser expertly in a rectangle along the synthflesh covering 15’s chest. When 43 turned back to the cot, he held a small luminescent sphere delicately in a pair of forceps. It was the object that Grant Thompson had been given by the aquatic humanoid during his dive in Cavern Ericson two days ago.
The second robot removed the section of cut away flesh on 15’s chest and used a powered hex driver to unfasten a rectangular silicon carbide plate from the torso chassis.
A32N-43 installed the orb, making connections at several points to surrounding microcircuitry. “Oh, my,” exclaimed A32N-15. “I had no idea. We few are of two worlds, now.”
“Yes,” smiled his fellow android. “We are more than the others of our line, and we have important roles to play.”
A32N-43 nodded. The assisting robot replaced and secured the silicon carbide plate and sprayed fresh synthflesh over the chassis and its flush compartment. “Welcome to the Cabal, Seanrith.” He clasped hands with the reclining android that was now more than just an android. The prone figure smiled wider and pulled himself to a sitting position. “Thank you for your welcome, Exodore,” said A32N-15, and stood.
The assisting robots were powered down, and the two left via the ladder. As they walked away, down aisles of materials toward the distant warehouse entrance, a service bot used the pallet jack to move the loaded pallet back into its former position.
--- End quote ---
-kyrathaba (July 02, 2013, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you should check back in Ch. 18 starting at this paragraph:

Android A32N-15 tied itself into a stay-resident program in Communications that was disguised as a diagnostics package.
--- End quote ---

You will continue to remain fully connected to the running immersion software at all times, even if that means avoiding your scheduled diagnostics in Engineering. Continue to promote our objectives in that milieu. Ensure sub-personality Exodore Heartseeker maintains association with our immersed assets. Were you able to destroy all evidence that Milner broke the chip out of lockup?
--- End quote ---

This makes me think that '15 is actually Exodore, (to my thinking that means he's already 'modified'), whereas in the latest chapter '43 is taking over the Exodore persona and '15 is being modified to take over the Seanrith persona.

ie. I'm still confused :)

kyrathaba:
You're right. 15 is Exodore. Dang. I'll get it straightened out. See why authors need proofreaders?  :P

kyrathaba:
Okay, hopefully this has fixed the problem:

2283-07-13T04:14-5:00, Engineering, Electronic Parts Warehouse
In a subsection of Engineering, android A32N-15 used a pallet truck to relocate a pallet heavy with boxes of insulation tape. He moved the load backward three meters, revealing a metal trapdoor in the plastcrete floor. He partially descended a canted metal ladder and eased the trapdoor shut behind him. Automatic lights sprang to life as he stepped onto the floor of this buried area. The cot had been prepared, he saw.
Android A32N-43 stood next to the cot with two specialized robot tools.
A32N-15 said, “I see you have arrived and are ready. Welcome, brother, and congratulations. The Council is well-pleased indeed to bestow this honor on you. You will be the fourth to join our elite rank.”
A32N-43 lay down on the table, and his fellow android turned on the robotic machines he had prepared. “I am deeply honored,” said 43. “Of course, serving the Council in any manner is its own honor,” he said.
A32N-15 echoed him, “Serving the Council is its own honor.” He produced a small case, while one of the robot tools drew a laser expertly in a rectangle along the synthflesh covering 43’s chest. When 15 turned back to the cot, he held a small luminescent sphere delicately in a pair of forceps. It was the object that Grant Thompson had been given by the aquatic humanoid during his dive in Cavern Ericson two days ago.
The second robot removed the section of cut away synthflesh on 43’s chest and used a powered hex driver to unfasten a rectangular silicon carbide plate from the torso chassis.
A32N-15 installed the orb, making connections at several points to surrounding microcircuitry. “Oh, my,” exclaimed A32N-43. “I had no idea. We few are of two worlds, now.”
“Yes,” smiled his fellow android. “We are more than the others of our line, Seanrith. We have crucial roles to play in what is to come.”
A32N-43 nodded his understanding. The assisting robot replaced and secured the silicon carbide plate and sprayed fresh synthflesh over the chassis and its flush compartment. “Welcome to the Cabal, Seanrith,” said A32N-15. He clasped hands with the ascendant android. The prone figure smiled wider and pulled himself to a sitting position. “Thank you for your welcome, Exodore,” said A32N-43, and stood.
The assisting robots were powered down, and the two left via the ladder. As they walked away, down aisles of materials toward the distant warehouse entrance, a service bot used the pallet jack to move the loaded pallet back into its former position.
--- End quote ---

4wd:
That seems to do the job  :Thmbsup:

One thing, the occurance of pallet jack in the last sentence needs to be changed to pallet truck to match the first sentence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version