ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (146/186) > >>

wraith808:
that contact button still bothers me, though LOL
--- End quote ---

What do you recommend?
-kyrathaba (August 06, 2013, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Truthfully, just a link would probably be enough.  In your links section, link to a contact page, and on that page put whatever information you want and/or a contact form.

kyrathaba:
Just so you guys realize how wealthy I'm becoming: the book's been out now about 16 or 17 days, and to date, I've made $5.13 in royalties on Amazon and $18.38 on Smashwords. The three paperbacks I've ordered are already spoken for. Two will go to a high school friend, who's buying one copy for herself and another as a birthday gift for a mutual friend. Because I'm donating the third book to my alma mater's library, I'll only net $0.39 on those three books :)

So, once the three paperbacks are delivered, and not counting any sales I may make in the meantime (the special on payhip may help: I noticed views jumped from 34 to 55 in like 10 minutes), I'll have made $23.90 in three weeks. Yeah baby, yeah!

Seriously, though, it takes time. Unless you're a one-in-a-million breakout seller, like Amanda Hocking, it's like rolling snowballs. It takes time, and consistent effort, to see growth.

I have three people on MarSocial who've promised reviews, two here, and three Twitter pals. Were all those to appear, then added to my existing four reviews I'd have a dozen. And if you think about it, if I've accumulated a dozen reviews by the six- or eight-weeks posting of the novel, that's not bad. Lots of competition.

But I console myself that, in just three weeks' time I'm gotten featured on eBookOnFire.com, and a promised radio interview. My book will go into my local college library (and of course I'll offer it to the public libraries in surrounding counties). I just think ya have to keep on keepin' on.

kyrathaba:
I've gotten rid of the floating contact button. Now, I have a contact form in the most likely places it'll be needed: my Proofreading page, and my About Me page. I may also just make a Page devoted just to the contact me form, and then put that in the Menu.

wraith808:
Thanks for being so transparent with this... the last time I tried was in the bad old days of submitting manuscripts, and it was a lot more depressing so I didn't really know what to expect.  :Thmbsup:

kyrathaba:
You're welcome. I figure it's all about learning from each other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version