ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (41/186) > >>

Perry Mowbray:

I don't disagree... I just immediately thought of the more simplistic answer that if A-3 had been destroyed then it didn't matter if they were in A-3 physically or a computer in A-3, they'd be dead either way.

--- End quote ---

Changed the passage to read as so:

Zuzana turned the spitted rabbits. “What if, on a lark, the aliens decide to implode every subterranean compound, or to launch a kinetic missile of sufficient mass to demolish the globe? What happens to us then?”
There was a lengthy pause before Sethra admitted, “If they do either of those things in the near future, then our existence will suddenly end.”
“Near future?” asked Byron, seeking clarification.
“I’ve a theory, but I’m not ready to try to articulate it, yet,” said Sethra.
They paused in their discussion to eat, pulling hot bits of surprisingly savory flesh from their cooked meal. As the night deepened and it grew cooler, they donned their cloaks and bedded down. Into the flickering shadows cast by the lowering fire, Veronee asked, “What’s the name of this reality, anyway?”
-kyrathaba (June 23, 2013, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're such a tease... but I think it works ;)

Perry Mowbray:
Anyone on here who could take the full-size cover image (click here, then enlarge by clicking on image) and smooth out the blocky pixelation where I added the title in the upper right of the image?

I'm also interested in a snazzier cover, and would be willing to donate some donation credits if anyone is interested and can develop a cover that we agree better reflects the novel.
-kyrathaba (June 23, 2013, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm happy to do that: can you email be the base image (and anything else you want included)

kyrathaba:
Yeah, I'll be glad to email you the base image. Just PM me your email address, or send me an email at [email protected]

If you can de-pixelate the upper right portion as I described earlier, and you think the image looks pretty good after that, then maybe it can remain the official cover. But it's just something "post-apocalypse-looking" I got from a free image gallery.

Otherwise, I'm happy to drop several donation credits on a custom cover (it needs to be 1600 wide by 2400 pixels high, with Title either centered or near right-corner at the top, and "William Bryan Miller" centered near the bottom).

and anything else you want included
--- End quote ---

Don't really know. It might be an alien ship shown orbiting Earth. Or it could be some image suggesting subterranean bomb-shelters. I really dunno. I'm just reading that an e-book's cover is the second most important draw for potential buyers, after writing a good story.

Perry Mowbray:
I'm just reading that an e-book's cover is the second most important draw for potential buyers, after writing a good story.
-kyrathaba (June 23, 2013, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's scary (but it does remind me of an old saying)

kyrathaba:
^ "Can't read a book by its cover"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version