ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Messed Up in Miami

<< < (3/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
have the problem of replacing debit and ebt cards without a safe mail address in Miami
-MilesAhead (June 10, 2013, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Can you find an officer in a local bank who'll act as recipient, especially if it's the same bank as the issuer of your card?

PM me if you need something.

MilesAhead:
have the problem of replacing debit and ebt cards without a safe mail address in Miami
-MilesAhead (June 10, 2013, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Can you find an officer in a local bank who'll act as recipient, especially if it's the same bank as the issuer of your card?

PM me if you need something.
-cranioscopical (June 11, 2013, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I have it now. Another homeless guy brought me right to the post office downtown so I'd know how to find it.  According to the woman there, mail just has to be sent to my name with GENERAL DELIVERY, Maini Florida and zip as the address.  You queue up to pick up the mail. As long as the people are will to mail to general delivery I should be ok. I'm going to call them in a few hours.

MilesAhead:
I just thought I'd relate one incident that happened to me recently.  With all the people hassling you when you try to do something like shave in the rest room, fill up your water bottle from the bubbler, etc.. it's easy to feel like the majority of humans are a**holes.  But instances like this resotore your faith a bit.

It's raining buckets in downtown. I'm sitting in my spot.  This hot looking black woman age about 27 parks her car.  She sees me sitting there and asks if I want a sandwich.  Apparently she had one on the front seat of the car.  But I was really dying for a coffee (You can't buy a cup of coffee with EBT for reasons I can't fathom.)  So she says, "Ok, I won't be long."  She pulls an umbrella out of the car and walks about 120 yards in driving rain to 7/11 and comes back with a coffee on a tray and hands it to me.

It's nice to see there are some really nice people around.  It sure cheered me up.  :)

cranioscopical:
It's nice to see there are some really nice people around.  It sure cheered me up.
-MilesAhead (June 12, 2013, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Great story! There are some really nice people at large on this planet. Sometimes, with the legions of oafs loose in the world, the SNR tends to hide the facts.

mouser:
It's nice to see there are some really nice people around.
--- End quote ---

The other lesson of course, for all of us, is to BE that nice person.  Sometimes the smallest gesture to help a stranger can be very meaningful to them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version