ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Question about Save As

(1/1)

Shaketown:
Greetings,

I have recently upgraded to the current version of SSC and I notice that the behavior of Save As has changed.

When I choose Save As, the program appends 002 to the current file name. I would prefer that it not do that, but I can't find any setting to change this behavior.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mouser:
Hi Shaketown,

It's only adding the 002 because there is another file with the same name already in that directory.  If you change the SaveAs directory to a different one, in the future i think it won't do that.

Does that solve your problem or are you really needing it to not add the 002 even if the file already exists.  I could add an option for that if it's something people want (for example if they frequently overwrite the SaveAs files).

Shaketown:
Thanks for you quick response.

I have my own system for adding a suffix to the name of the file, to reflect how it has been modified from the original, so I don't need SSC to do that for me.

It's just a minor inconvenience for me to replace the 002 with my own suffix--not a big deal. I just noticed this behavior was different than the previous version I had been using before updating.

Anyway, thanks for making this excellent program available. I'll be sending a donation your way.

mouser:
I have my own system for adding a suffix to the name of the file, to reflect how it has been modified from the original, so I don't need SSC to do that for me.
--- End quote ---

That makes sense, and i can see others being in same situation.  I will add an option to disable this feature.

Anyway, thanks for making this excellent program available. I'll be sending a donation your way.
--- End quote ---

Always appreciated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version