ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: invisible application to update a text file on ftp server

<< < (3/4) > >>

skrommel:
 :) You can add a autorun.inf file to the disk, but to make it run, you have to make the flash disk bootable.

The easiest way is to download the file HP Drive Key Boot Utility from http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/serveroptions/us/download/23839.html

It's a whopping 45MB download, but you just need the hpdkbu.exe file.

Install it, run it from the start menu and just follow the wizard through. Then delete all the files on the flash disk, and add this autorun.inf file to the flash disk:

--- ---[autorun]
action=AutoLaunch Action
icon=..\Apps\Calc.exe
open=..\Apps\Calc.exe
label=AutoLaunch Label
includeRuntimeComponents=True

This one launches Calculator if you place a copy of it in the Apps folder on the flash disk.

Skrommel

treason:
Hi skrommel,

New to this site, but I have a question about this software. I want to upload my computers IP address to an ftp server when windows starts. I want this because my IP changes, and I like to remote desktop to my home machine from work. But since the IP changes sometimes, I want to store the current IP of my home machine on an FTP.

Anyway, I created a batch file to autorun but I can't figure out the right parameters.

IpUpload.exe -s ftp.myftp.com -l "c:\program files\IPUpload\ipaddress.txt" -r "/temp" -u myusername -p mypassword -nic 0 -pause 0

The -l parameter will upload the external IP html file you downloaded from the web, I am uploading this because I cant find a plain txt file that just has my IP.

Also, the -pause parameter seems wrong also. I just want the software to run once and quit.

Any help is appreciated.

skrommel:
 :tellme: Can you be more precise about what's wrong?

I think what you have to do is create the file c:\program files\IPUpload\ipaddress.txt, and add the text <ipaddress>. This text is automatically exchanged for your ipaddress.

But the simplest solution to your problem is to register your own virtual domain at http://www.no-ip.com. No more IP-addresses to rememeber, just register, download and install their program, and you can acces your computer at treason.no-ip.com.

Skrommel

taowa:
I can't get it to work
The command: "C:\Program Files\IP\IpUpload.exe" -s XXXXXXXX.ca -port 21 -l C:\Program Files\IP\File.txt -r TaowaLaptop -u [email protected] -p XXXXXXXXXX -nic 0 -pause 0

The file: IP for <computername>
<ipaddress>
<time>

taowa:
I have tried with quotes: "C:\Program Files\IP\IpUpload.exe" -s taowa.ca -port 21 -l "C:\Program Files\IP\File.txt" -r "/TaowaLaptop" -u [email protected] -p XXXXXXXXXX -nic 0 -pause 0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version