ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: invisible application to update a text file on ftp server

<< < (2/4) > >>

skrommel:
 :) Try this one!

IpUpload - Upload current IP address to a FTP server.

Usage:
- Add the tags <ipaddress>, <time>, <username> or <computername> to the file to upload. These tags are replaced with the current values.
- Command line: IpUpload.exe <options>
- Example: IpUpload.exe -s ftp.server.com -l "c:\folder1\file.htm" -r "/folder2" -u user -p password -nic 0 -pause 5 -hide

Options:
-s <server>
  IP address of FTP server
-l <local path>
  Path of file to upload
-r <remote path>
  Folder on FTP server
-u <user name>
  User name
-p <password>
  Password
-nic <network adaptor>
  Network adaptor's IP address to use, 1 to 4, 0=external IP from showmyip.com
-pause <minutes>
  Time to wait between uploads, 0 exits
-hide
  Hides the tray icon

You'll find the downloads and more info at 1 Hour Software by Skrommel.

Skrommel

Tekzel:
Actually, the best solution to this is for him to configure his FTP server properly.  Almost all of them (I say almost, because I haven't used every FTP server available, but every one I have ever seen has this) have an option to allow or disallow subnets.  All he has to do is configure his server to block all connections by default and then to allow his local subnet and that will prevent connections from anywhere other than at work.  You can usually specify multiple subnets on the allow list for situations where you have 2 branch offices, etc.

quantumrider:
skromell:

WHOA you did that for me? Thanks a lot!!!!

If it's written in vbscript any chance I could get the source code?

And I hope it's not .net because some offices do not install it at all.

So there needs to be a link in startup folder?

Awesome!

Tekzel:

Actually the reason for this is so my client's employees don't have access to their website administration section from outside of their office. Ftp or URL I need a way to communicate current ip of the office to the asp scripts on their website.

Seems Skromell solved this problem for me, idea was not to let employees know how it's done so they don't find a way to compromise it.

Not to mention that anyone from outside the office won't even be presented with admin login screen....

I have this all setup already on the server for my own use, now it will make the client's admin section very secure...

skrommel:
 :) Try IpUpload v1.1!

Added more tags, changed the command line, added external IP detection.

ark2, you could add the command line to the Run key of the registry to make detection more difficult. And if you want to hardcode it, just edit the AutoHotkey sourcecode on my webpage.

Skrommel

quantumrider:
awesome!

is there any way to set something up on a usb flash drive to load this automatically to the users computer on inserting the flash drive?

prompts are fine, also automatically set it up to run at startup?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version