ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (46/58) > >>

tomos:
How Cops Became Soldiers: An Interview with Police Militarization Expert Radley Balko

7 Ways The Obama Administration Has Accelerated Police Militarization
-wraith808 (July 10, 2013, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

pretty depressing reading...

40hz:
Step aside Yankee Rose - here comes Yankee Pepper.... :tellme:

Coming Soon! The New & Improved Statue of Liberty - now fully updated for post-9/11 America!

(Sorry. I'm having a bad day right now.  :-\)

Stoic Joker:
Step aside Yankee Rose - here comes Yankee Pepper.... :tellme:

Coming Soon! The New & Improved Statue of Liberty - now fully updated for post-9/11 America!
  (see attachment in previous post)
(Sorry. I'm having a bad day right now.  :-\)
-40hz (July 12, 2013, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay...granted... Not always a good sign, but... I think the pic epically nails the whole government out-of-control -- United Police State of America (UPSA) -- problem quite nicely.

All we need now is a new flag and the proverbial hounds are good to go for release!  :D

:wallbash:

40hz:
Nice analogy provided by Stilgherrian over at ZDnet. (Full article here)

With every new day that journalists dig through the secret files released by Edward Snowden, with every new astonishment as we discover the sheer enormity, nay, the truly pan-galactic scale of the NSA's baleen whale of surveillance, scooping up every nybble and bit of data that might contain, somewhere in its subatomic structure, the hint of an odour of a dream of a terrorist plot, the more I think that the great American writer Hunter S Thompson has already specified the only recipe that could possibly brace our minds to cope with this insanity.

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls," said Raoul Duke, the drug-addled protagonist of Thompson's 1971 novel Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

"Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

The NSA has shown that once you get locked into a serious data collection, the tendency is to push that as far as you can too.

Once the NSA was tasked with collecting international communications and data, and analysing it for foreign intelligence matters. Now it seems to be tasked with gathering well, pretty much everything about everything by everyone everywhere.
--- End quote ---

Yeah. That sounds about right. :-\

MohKraats:
I live in Europe, and I've been looking westwards many times.
Wandering how to make the move to the country of freedom and opportunities.
If I should try my luck in the USA.

I have visited the states in the meantime.
I have seen how people live there,
how the police acts, how people think.

Luckily, I was just the bystander... The happy tourist, who has a place to return to..... Outside the USA.
I turned out to have US colleagues, looking for ways to migrate to Europe .......... to get away from the US way of life, to bring their kids in safety.

Nowadays I look westwards in fear.
Scared by a police-state where there is no freedom no more, where human-rights have no value.
A state that is to scary to live in.

I did have US colleagues, who were looking for ways to migrate to Europe ..........

Shit, :o this will probably put me on the unwanted persons list .......

Despite that all,
Keep on coding

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version