ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (39/58) > >>

wraith808:
Please... that's hypocrisy at work.  The only thing the EU is glad about is that the NSA got caught.  If you don't think that countries don't run ops against their own 'partners' and 'allies', then I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.  And I'll throw in some beach front property in New Mexico.

40hz:
Please... that's hypocrisy at work.  The only thing the EU is glad about is that the NSA got caught. 
-wraith808 (July 01, 2013, 11:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1! :Thmbsup:

Right now I think that a good number of US 'allies' are extremely embarrassed, both about what the US has been up to, and their degree of direct or indirect complicity in it.

There's a lot to be said for speaking "truth against the world." Something our self-proclaimed "democratically elected" and "representative" governments now seem incapable of doing.

It's a problem. One that will be corrected. Again. And the same old lesson re-learned for about the hundredth time, if history is anything to go by.

So it goes.

Let's get busy! 8)

Tinman57:
Please... that's hypocrisy at work.  The only thing the EU is glad about is that the NSA got caught.  If you don't think that countries don't run ops against their own 'partners' and 'allies', then I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.  And I'll throw in some beach front property in New Mexico. -wraith808 (July 01, 2013, 11:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's old news.

wraith808:
^ Sorry if I misunderstood that you were being sarcastic...  :-\

IainB:
"Non serviam."
"Facit legem."
"Ægroto, dum anima est, spes est."

--- End quote ---
Words. Some people (not me, you understand) might say that such words have often been spoken by the impotent in futile defiance of the inevitable which has surrounded them - an inevitability arising from incremental changes that, up until recently, they may have all too unwittingly accepted/tolerated and for far too long. However, I couldn't possibly comment.

Time to throw in a bit of Greek, perhaps?
How about "Molon labe"?
It sounds great. Apparently from the defiant Spartans just before they were totally defeated at the Battle of Thermopylae.

In coarse English slang there is a term that can be used to cover this sort of thing - "Pissing into the wind".
Maybe it really is simply time to adapt to the changes, I don't know.
Some people (not me, you understand) might say, for example, that maybe it is time to accept things as they are and practice saying something like "I stand with the NSA!" (or similar) as though you really meant it - it's just more words, after all - and that quite a lot of people apparently learned to do that sort of thing in Germany in the '40s in order to get on and be left to live their lives in relative peace. However, I couldn't possibly comment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version