ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (11/58) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Slippery slope or not it still needs to be discussed while we're still legally allowed to do so. The technology we've come to depend on is being used politically to achieve a shot-less Coup as the US descends rapidly into a police state. And I think we owe it to each other as a community to have/achieve an understanding of how badly it is/has pervaded the lives of everyone on the web.

mouser:
The thread is getting to the point where a move to the basement makes sense..  It does touch on issues of electronic privacy which is fair game for the Living Room, but as it comes to focus more on politics it belongs more and more to a basement thread.

As wraith says, that's not a punishment it's just a recognition that it's better categorized as a political-discussion thread than a technological thread.

40hz:
Maybe instead of The Basement, we need a new section called "Head in the Sand" for isolating serious political topics that might disturb some people - and probably *should* disturb them? :P ;)

wraith808:
Maybe instead of The Basement, we need a new section called "Head in the Sand" for isolating serious political topics that might disturb some people - and probably *should* disturb them? :P ;)
-40hz (June 12, 2013, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're being tongue-in-cheek, but I actually like that.  It seems that there are two types of conversations that get taken to the basement.

1) Those that are heated and in the areas of politics/religion and are definitely off-topic.
2) Those that are on-topic... but are about touchy things that do turn people off that come here.

Those first type I try to stay away from (which was one of the reasons I ignored the basement for so long).  But I do enjoy the discourse of the second type.

40hz:
^ Thx for understanding where I'm coming from and taking it in the spirit intended   :Thmbsup:

That's also the reason why I don't cruise the basement, let alone post anything there. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version