topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Process Tamer unresponsive to clicking on the menu items  (Read 9139 times)

conceptualclarity

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The first day I used it, I registered it, and Process Tamer worked properly. However, now when I click on Process Tamer and the window with the menu opens up, I try left-clicking and right-clicking on Configure, Show Help File, Check for Updates, and About Process Tamer, and nothing happens. Only the Visit Process Tamer Homepage click works. It's hard for me to use it when Configure doesn't work. Yesterday I was hearing lots of popping sounds and seeing the balloons naming the programs as Process Tamer cracked down on the memory hogs, but I'm not hearing that today.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Process Tamer unresponsive to clicking on the menu items
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:11 PM »
How strange..

I wonder if it could be the way it was started up?  If you exit the program and restart if from Start Menu does it then work?
Maybe after you exit, check the ctrl+alt+del task manager and make sure it isn't still running, before you restart it.

conceptualclarity

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:28 PM »
The balloons came back this evening.

I followed your suggestion. I clicked it out, and I checked Processes to make sure it was stopped. Then I opened it up again from my desktop, which is where I have it. Upon my restart, those options on the popup menu are still unresponsive to clicks.

conceptualclarity

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 09:11 PM »
I still have the same situation, cannot get any response from clicking on those menu items.  :(

I'm now running it from my Quick Launch.