ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

digitising slides

<< < (2/8) > >>

4wd:
Only trouble with this solution is that neither of our camera's have a facility trip the shutter remotely, so focusing and shooting is hands on process :o-Target (June 04, 2013, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

You use the standard 2 or 10 second delay timer along with manual focus, (if your camera has that).  The camera is fixed in place, (standard thread screw into the tripod thread), so all you do is push the button, no need to hold the camera.

I used one of these, (different brand), feed the slides manually and push a button.  Basic 5MP model that almost all of them are.

Target:
You use the standard 2 or 10 second delay timer along with manual focus, (if your camera has that).-4wd (June 04, 2013, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

DOH!!  I hadn't thought of that :-[

I'll have to look into the manual focus bit :Thmbsup: (I'm not much of a camera buff, in case you hadn't sorked that out already ;D ;D ;D)

4wd:
Just as a matter of interest, what make/model camera?

If it's a Canon, you may be able to run the CHDK firmware, (despite it being called firmware it's not a permanent change), which can add interval exposures.

eg. You set it for an exposure every 15 seconds and then you can just swap the slides while it happily automatically takes photos.

It worked quite well on my A720IS.

Target:
Just as a matter of interest, what make/model camera?-4wd (June 05, 2013, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

we have 2 Lumix - a now aging FZ5 (5Mp), and a 16Mp point and shoot (the model escapes me) that lives in my wifes handbag

could be worth looking into firmware 'hacks', though I'm wary of bricking a device :o

Tinman57:

There are some photo/picture programs that have an option to copy a color picture from an ordinary scanner and reverses it to a negative, and visa-versa.  Can't remember what this option is called, it was in UI PhotoImpact 8.  Unfortunately, PhotoImpact 8 don't work under XP anymore ever since one of MS's famous update patches, but I think it's also included in PhotoShop among others.  In the free Photo.net, you can select Adjustments > Reverse Colors and get the same effect.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version