topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: pc magazine issue came out today, cannon photo printers win top slots - i agree  (Read 4881 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
this week's pc magazine came out with article on best photo printers.
canon took took top 2 slots (i990, pixma ip8500).

i've been waiting for an excuse to rave about my older pixma ip4000, and i guess this is my chance.

although some people love the strange appearance of these printers, i don't,
but i do LOVE the way they work, and perhaps as important, the software that comes with them.

i used to have hp color inkjet before this and i never liked it (897). the canon is a joy to use.
the really surprising thing to me what the easy-photoprint software that came free with the printer.
imagine my suprise when it turned out this free printing software was easier to use and the best software i could find for printing photos, even amongst all the commercial programs i looked at.  other programs may have more options, but i LOVE this printing software.

anyone who has requested a donationcoder.com postcard (see international visitors welcome message) - it's been printed using a canon ip4000, on these great little 4x6 and 5x7 inch postcard sized glossy photo paper sheets.

anyway, i love my canon printer, fast, great quality, great software.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's funny you mention Canon's easyprint software, if for no other reason because HP's software is so incredibly complex and bad. For a while, HP used Kodak's easyshare, which was god-awful. I've yet to do the color printing thing. I bought an HP LaserJet 4 in February 1993 and it still works as good as the day I took it out of the box. So until it starts smoking, I won't give it up.

But I do have a collection of photos I'd like to see in print, and maybe one of the latest Canon's could make these digitals come to life on paper.

Scott

• Resident Googler
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
In a flurry of stupidity, I bought a HP scanner and a pair of HP DeskJet 952C printers some years ago.  I keep hoping they'll die, just so I have an excuse to replace them.  They all suck, as does HP's software and drivers.  Never again.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 12:13:47 AM by Scott »