ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

browse without hands

<< < (2/2)

tsaint:
Perhaps there's an eye tracking peripheral like the fighter pilots use to lock rockets on target?  It should be fast once you learn to control your blinking.  :)
-MilesAhead (June 19, 2013, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Several years ago, there was some freeware floating around for using your cam to track where you were looking and hence move the cursor. It worked (no comment about the quality of the experience).I can't remember whether it provided for LMB /RMB clicks or not. Probably best used just to sate one's curiosity.
Edit: there's a version at http://www.cameramouse.org/

rsatrioadi:
Thanks to tsaint, I tried a similar program: eViacam, and now I have a sore neck. :P

It works well, accurate, has two click modes (dwell click and gesture click), and allows left, middle, and right mouse click as well as left mouse dragging and left mouse double click. It messes up if/while there's someone else in the camera's line of vision, though.

It was fun overall, just don't use it for more than an hour. :P

MilesAhead:
Heh.  Reminds me.. I had a neighbor with motion detection emergency/spotlight activation in his condo. Pull in the driveway, the lights come on.  Unforutnately, if I sat on his porch at the table and used hand gestures while telling a story, I got the spotlight in the face.  Made me feel like Dragnet 3rd degree was being applied!!  Ok!! I confess! Just turn off the damn spotlight!!!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version