ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Favorite Firefox Builds for Windows?

<< < (2/2)

TaoPhoenix:
Is it an option to use Multifox for different logins?
-Winkie (May 11, 2013, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Haha!! It works!

The way you do it is RightClick for example the Yahoo Mail and "Open in a new identity profile". Now while it's still neat to have color coded firefoxes in the task bar, it makes a ton more sense to have the "orange ones" (regular Firefox) be emails, and "blue-grey ones" (PaleMoon) be other types of stuff going on!

Thank you!

:Thmbsup:

P.S. It seems to give me an error "not compatible with Pale Moon 19.0.2" so that clarifies which "version of Firefox" (The main one, aka the "Orange one") gets to get email duties.

Winkie:
It seems to give me an error "not compatible with Pale Moon 19.0.2"...
-TaoPhoenix (May 12, 2013, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm, it installs fine in Pale Moon Portable 20.0.1-x64 on my system*. I've no idea why it doesn't on yours.
Note that you can also add a MultiFox toolbar button, as a separate add-on.

* Yup, I also use "multi-Firefox" setup: Firefox as my default browser, Pale Moon Portable for wiki logins and a Firefox Portable for other persons in the household.

TaoPhoenix:
It seems to give me an error "not compatible with Pale Moon 19.0.2"...
-TaoPhoenix (May 12, 2013, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm, it installs fine in Pale Moon Portable 20.0.1-x64 on my system*. I've no idea why it doesn't on yours.
Note that you can also add a MultiFox toolbar button, as a separate add-on.

* Yup, I also use "multi-Firefox" setup: Firefox as my default browser, Pale Moon Portable for wiki logins and a Firefox Portable for other persons in the household.
-Winkie (May 13, 2013, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I see a version number clash there, so I'll look to see if there's a Palemoon V20.x I don't yet see in help.upgrade.

But at least you solved the basic problem! : )

ajfudge:

You can also run multiple instances of Firefox Portable.

-Winkie (May 11, 2013, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Based on my experience, you can't run Firefox and Portable Firefox at the same time. As I understand it, the PortableApps.com platform fools the Windows OS into thinking that the portable apps you're running is installed. Once you closed the portable program, the PortableApps platform will do its job to transfer the temp files that the program used back into the folder together with the main folder of your portable program. I can't remember what exactly happened when I ran Firefox and Portable Firefox at the same time, but I can tell you that its behavior was quirky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version