ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: HTML Organizer/Viewer

(1/4) > >>

web_stalker:
I have got a lot of html files dealing with various topics and subtopics. It will be very messy to create folders for each topic and subtopic. What I would like to see is a app which would act as a container/link to all these files with an internal html viewer. It should be possible to create virtual folders and files (tree format) within it and link the files to an actual html file. Clicking the file should open in the internal viewer and double clicking it open in the default browser. To put it simply, it would be like an enhanced bookmark manager with internal viewer. Is it possible? Thanks.

Veign:
Maybe:
http://www.treepad.com/

web_stalker:
I don't think so. Does it allow creating virtual folders and allow virtual files to be linked to actual files in the hard-disk? KeyNote allows creating virtual files but shows only the source view of the html files instead of the html view. There is another product MHTArchive which has internal html viewer but it integrates the html file into its own database instead of just showing the linked file. Anyway thanks for the speedy response.

mouser:
i wonder if "local website archive" would do this for you?
http://www.aignes.com/wsarc/index.htm

a lot of us here are huge fans of martin's other program "website watcher" so it's worth a look.

web_stalker:
Hi mouser,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried it, but it does the same thing as MHTArchive. What I actually need is a bookmark manager (with drag and drop capability and ability to create folders within it) with an integrated browser. Only difference is, instead of links pointing to www, it will point to a local file. Now I think I'm more clear. Hopefully this will bring in more suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version