topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Grab Selected Region - Arrow Keys for Fine Tuning Selection  (Read 4375 times)

tlsi2000

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
All...

In the recent versions of this great tool, when doing a 'Grab Selected Region', the addition of the visible 'sub zoom window'  that shows the pixels of where the cursor is terrific.

What I miss is the ability to fine-tune the capture within this window.

When this sub window is up,  holding down the mouse button to start the selection....
One could then use the arrow keys (up/down/left/right) to then finely move the actual capture point one pixel at a time.
This would be effective both for the 'beginning point' and the 'ending point' of the selection to capture.

This ability would allow the very precise and exact pixel location to be selected.

Thanks,
TLSI2000
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:54 AM by tlsi2000 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Grab Selected Region - Arrow Keys for Fine TUning Selection
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 03:14 AM »
Let me think about it tlsi.

I should note that region nudging (and enlarging and shrinking) *is* possible once you have the image inside screenshot captor, see:
https://www.donation...c/3ds/sc25/sc25.html

So my suggestion, as always, is capture the entire screen and then crop from within SC.

tlsi2000

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Grab Selected Region - Arrow Keys for Fine Tuning Selection
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 03:35 AM »
Thank you for the reply.
I reviewed the video, and that does provide a lot of very great after-capture precision work.

In my development documentation work, my screenshot capture process is typically:
    capture screen region -- copy image to clipboard -- paste to document -- describe with text --- next item.

I became very used to the arrow-key precise selection in the "another company's commercial product" that was site licensed at one company where I was working at the time.
So I thought that I might pass it along.

However, I have a fondness for Screenshot Captor program.

Thanks
TLSI2000
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:55 AM by tlsi2000 »

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Grab Selected Region - Arrow Keys for Fine Tuning Selection
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:06 AM »
I just found this older thread and like to throw a +1 in  :)

I often also prefer setting the correct dimensions of a screenshot in the first try and press CTRL-B / CTRL-C to but a border around it and put it in the clipboard afterwards.
For me this works quicker in a lot of situations than capturing roughly and cropping after that.

I guess what would be needed are three things:
- the ability to fine-tune the selection window corners with the arrow- keys once the "Grab selected region"-mode is active
- a shortcut to start the selection process and another one to end the selection process