topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: EU president and IT staff don't understand democracy maths truth.  (Read 4283 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This is not a joke, but it made me larf: EU president and IT staff don't understand democracy maths truth.

Difficult to comprehend. Hard to believe.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A few hundred emails is excessive? Sounds like el-presidento is tech-ignorant.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A few hundred emails is excessive?

A few hundred emails about rectal itch is excessive. A few hundred Emails about this new law is good/bad legislation OTOH is (the) people trying to tell you something.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
...A few hundred Emails about this new law is good/bad legislation OTOH is (the) people trying to tell you something.
-Stoic Joker (May 23, 2013, 11:57 AM)
Yes, but the point would seem to be that their views  apparently are (or would be) irrelevant in an undemocratically appointed governmental structure.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A few hundred emails about rectal itch is excessive.

;D

Ooh, I see the beginning of a "100 emails of THIS sort is excessive" list:

• A few hundred emails about rectal itch is excessive.
  • A few hundred emails about enlarging your phallus is excessive.
  • A few hundred emails about "Greetings from Bangladesh. I family relative. You must need contact me for unsuspected inheritance" is excessive.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't trust the story at all.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
...A few hundred Emails about this new law is good/bad legislation OTOH is (the) people trying to tell you something.
-Stoic Joker (May 23, 2013, 11:57 AM)
Yes, but the point would seem to be that their views  apparently are (or would be) irrelevant in an undemocratically appointed governmental structure.

Yes, but this is still their own fault ... Once they dropped the shoot people for asking policy it kicked the door wide open for this kind of shit. Commoners thinking they posses the intelligence to run their own lives...perish the thought!

:D

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

I dont see any reason *not* to trust it (but I didnt follow any of the links...)
I would have thought it not that suprising by EU standards :-\ although usually they're more bogged down with practical things like whether to ban open containers of olive oil on your restaurant/cafe tables.
Tom

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

I dont see any reason *not* to trust it (but I didnt follow any of the links...)
I would have thought it not that suprising by EU standards :-\ although usually they're more bogged down with practical things like whether to ban open containers of olive oil on your restaurant/cafe tables.

In the U.S. they leave things like banning large sodas in the hands of the local government.  It saves them from the embarrassment when everyone throws up the BS flag.... ::)