ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Geoguessr. I'm addicted.

<< < (4/8) > >>

cschw:
Great...now I'll get even less sleep at night... :-\

Here's a new challenge -- beat my first try!

4wd:
2) link-Curt (May 20, 2013, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's a new challenge -- beat my first try!-cschw (May 20, 2013, 11:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can see I'm going to have to ignore this thread  :-\  ;D

Dammit!!

Couldn't resist...

Challenge URL
-rgdot (May 20, 2013, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

This one wasn't too bad, got within 200 meters on all of them I think....definitely have too much free time.

tomos:
This one wasn't too bad, got within 200 meters on all of them I think....definitely have too much free time.
-4wd (May 21, 2013, 12:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

so... have you like been everywhere :tellme: :P

4wd:
so... have you like been everywhere :tellme: :P-tomos (May 21, 2013, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Far from it but I kind of look at it the same way as the old TV program Through The Keyholew.

The clues are all there, (one of them I had to travel a fair few kilometers down the virtual road to get one), but it's asking the right questions, (in a search engine in this case), that'll get you a precise location.

It says to "figure out where you are" and I'm sitting in front of the best tool for the job, I'm pretty sure they expect me to use it.  I just look at it as an exercise in logic.

tomos:
^gotcha, I did look for clues in the images, but just combined that with the wild and/or intuitive guess approach ;)
road markings, signs naturally - road or otherwise, driving on the left/right, vehicles, vegetation, weather.

To rgdot's cschw's challenge, I was doing really well but managed to get almost minimum points on one**

** SPOILERthe one on the Russia/Georgia border - I think my answer was around 9k miles away in Alberta :)

Geoguessr.  I'm addicted.

[edit] I just did a 360 lookaround at each site - I'm not going down any of those roads cause otherwise I'd possibly never see myself again... [/edit]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version