ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are Your Favorite YouTube Channels? Here are Mine for Board Games

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
A word on Accents. King's accent is closer to "Received Pronunciation". Martin's is a different kind of dialect. (Northern? Half-Cockney without the slang?)
-TaoPhoenix (December 24, 2013, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

No expert here, but Martin's is more London (reminds me of the snooker player Steve Davis). King's seems more generic ('Essex'?), but I'll restate that I'm no expert ;-)

mouser:
Top 30 Solitaire board games by Ricky Royal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIs7VQslhxY&feature=player_detailpage
(that's the top 10 -- you can find links from there to #s 30-11).

He does a great job of describing the different games and why he likes them.  Great stuff.  :up:

mouser:
Added The Lonesome Gamer - More great full length solo playthroughs.

TaoPhoenix:
A word on Accents. King's accent is closer to "Received Pronunciation". Martin's is a different kind of dialect. (Northern? Half-Cockney without the slang?)
-TaoPhoenix (December 24, 2013, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

No expert here, but Martin's is more London (reminds me of the snooker player Steve Davis). King's seems more generic ('Essex'?), but I'll restate that I'm no expert ;-)
-tomos (December 25, 2013, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh well if you have that potential correction, I am no expert either!

But as a bit of a digression, "generic" is a fascinating term for an accent! What does that even mean? What is a "generic" American accent? Mid-West NewsCaster?

However, I think I became creepily attached to "Generic Modified British Accents" because a lot of movie villains use those kinds of long vowels.  : )

nosh:
NECRO!  (I love necro. LEAVE NECRO ALONE!)

So I just discovered "Grand Illusions" - he's got a ton of physics based toys and curios. Very cool stuff! :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version