ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AHK / Autohotkey / Auto Hotkey tutorial for absolute beginners

<< < (2/4) > >>

evamaria:
skwire, I know that AI comes with a "special version" of some editor, so there should be some possibilities somewhere, it's "doable", in theory. Of course, the problem is complicated by the fact that some variables come from trigger routines, instead of being initialized within the routine itself; what I do, for the time being and awaiting better times, is this: printing out the routines, then highlighting all variables by different text markers, and check for their spelling and "initialization" which could be a line

; abc - comes from (name of the calling routine) or
; xyz - comes from system

Of course, such manual "crutches", without being harmful, are time-consuming AND error-prone: In spite of these efforts, you (meaning: I) overlook some such wrong variables, nevertheless. Any better ideas to do this in a smarter, better, quicker, more reliable way? (Unfortunately, I must have it on paper, in order to debug, just looking at colors on the screen doesn't give me much help, independently of all variables being colored black, here, without distinction - of course, yellow for "variable known here" and red for "what's this???" would have been "it"!)

skwire:
skwire, I know that AI comes with a "special version" of some editor, so there should be some possibilities somewhere, it's "doable", in theory.-evamaria (May 16, 2013, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, it's doable.  In fact, I have syntax highlighting in the editor I use for AHK (PSPad).  However, on the forum, it's just a simple keyword highlighter.  You can do it yourself when you write your own posts.  Highlight the code you want and choose the appropriate language from the 'Code Highlighting' dropdown.

skwire:
my speaking about these problems is not for putting you off AHK-evamaria (May 16, 2013, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=software

That is my software site for applications I've written and released.  Everything you see there is written in AHK.

evamaria:
Brilliant, skwire! Didn't know this collection. So for simple questions, people ask me, and for the real stuff, they'll know whom to address to!

"In fact, I have syntax highlighting in the editor I use for AHK (PSPad)."

Well, that's big news! Thank you, skwire, this will greatly facilitate my coding efforts! (And I'll get my fifth editor this way...)

I've seen other AHK tools collections, and was less than impressed; here, skwire's, is absolutely outstanding, both from technical and from graphical aspects, and not speaking of the real usefulness of so many of these tools (which also is a problem for many such collections). Big, big kudos for this fine work!

evamaria:
New version for lesson 1 above. Don't complain about the length, since it's important for AHK beginners to "have it all" together, for a start, and I never found such a thing, so I judge this necessary, but I'd be thankful for any correction, addition (ha ha!) or observation how to put things in clearer terms - I don't want anyone anymore to bring valid excuses for not going straight to AHK, instead of fiddling around with lesser things for years, first, and then spend weeks for the transition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version