Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 24, 2014, 06:13:27 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Google Translator Boomerang - Latest Version Info - v1.09.01 - Nov 8, 2010  (Read 29827 times)
david5012
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »

Well...It actually has a LOT of PRACTICAL value for me in a different way than you conceived it.

For me, it will be a very big time saver when I am translating English to Chinese because I can get very fast feedback about the accuracy of the translation.

Right now I have to have two Google Translate browser windows open and cut and paste the Chinese result and translate it back to English to see if the Chinese matches what I am trying to say.

So I see Translator Boomerang as a very useful Translation Aid program.   smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »

Ah i see.. well then i can definitely see why showing the foreign language translation would be useful.  let me know if you have other feature requests.  maybe some automatic logging thing so you can see a history of past translations..
david5012
Supporting Member

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »

Now that you mention it, it would be another time saving feature to click a button and log the Original followed by the Translation to a continuous file.  This would be exactly what I need.

Another output format that would be useful is a two-column side-by-side output: Original and next to it the Translation. HTML Table code would be one useful option.

Very often I have to revise the English syntax or wording to get a good Chinese translation. Translator Boomerang would greatly speed up that process.

smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »

new version up.
Alexmac
Participant

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »

The new version of Boomerang worked the first 5 times I used it, but now there are a lot of errors.  I follow the exact same steps I successfully followed the first 5 times (using only a short sentence as the text to be translated), but now no text appears in the "Translated Text" box after I click "Translate," and "Add to and edit favorites" creates a text file that is similarly truncated--it shows only the original. It looks like Google translator may have changed their program again. Can you check this?  I would really like to use this program!  Thanks.
heayanae
Participant

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 01:10:22 PM »

Grin sǝƃɐnƃuɐן ʇɐ ʞooן oʇ ʎɐʍ unɟ ɐ osןɐ sı sıɥʇ 'oןןǝɥ
http://www.sevenwires.com...ay/UpsideDownLetters.html
baiyq
Participant

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 02:46:09 AM »

I can't translate en to chinese , display is ??? . plz help me .
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 03:10:19 AM »

seems to work here, can you post a screenshot please.
idwolf
Participant

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »

I can't seem to get this to work at all. I get "Error: improper result translation on result page (type 1)."  Sad
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 01:35:33 PM »

i get that now too -- it seems google has changed their translation page again.. ill try to put out a new version today; thanks for bringing this to my attention, it happens every year or two.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 12:29:00 AM »

New version uploaded, should be fixed. Let me know.
sheyth
Participant

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »

Hi.  I like your program - and the new features!   Thmbsup  After downloading the newest edition, I ran into an issue that others may or may not be experiencing:

It won't translate after the first period (and sometimes will stop after a comma)?  For example, if there are two sentences, it only does the first sentence, or if I ask it to translate "Hi. How are you?"  It will stop after the word "hi."

Thanks for this program; it's been quite useful to me.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 09:08:22 AM »

thanks sheyth,  i'll look into it.. probably something silly i'm doing wrong when forming the request or stripping the reply returned by google.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 04:40:41 PM »

Should now be fixed in new version just uploaded -- let me know.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.17 ]