topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Flock Features Series : #2 - Flickr  (Read 4730 times)

Redhat

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Flock Features Series : #2 - Flickr
« on: May 04, 2006, 11:52 PM »
As I continue the series regarding the Flock Browser - I felt the next item I should cover is the flickr integration. So here goes...

The Basics

Flickr, owned by Yahoo!, is a place to upload digital photos and images into your own online gallery. People can comment, mark as a favourite, and can even see the EXIF information about the image (which includes all the camera settings used to take the image, and of course the camera make/model itself).

Flock allows you to browse your own photos, your allocated friends' photos, and even upload new photos to flickr using the built-in uploader tool. Pictured below, these tools are placed in a "Topbar", which is an extension of the navigation/bookmarks bar - meaning you can browse the web and see the photos at the same time.

This tool has so many cool features it will be hard to cover them all! You have the option to view the images (in the topbar) as either big or small pictures, you can scroll *smoothly* through the images and clicking on one will open it's page in the browser, and you can search the photos (not sure of the scope - i.e. entire flickr site or just yours/your friends') with tags.

You can drag the photos into a blog editor (which will be covered in another post) and include them in a blog entry.

The entire process of using this tool is smooth and easy!.

flockflickr1.png

If you've never used flickr before, I encourage you to sign up for a (free!) account. I have a paid (pro) account, as I take my imaging seriously! :)

This feature of Flock is one of my favourites, and it really makes the entire flickr process much more intuitive and fun!

Stay tuned, the next one in this series will be the Web Snippets tool, and then the Blog Editor, and then the Favourites Sharing Tool!