ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft keyboard sticking keys

(1/9) > >>

bit:

skwire:
Might be easier just to get/buy a new keyboard.

Ath:
Might be easier just to get/buy a new keyboard.
-skwire (May 08, 2013, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1
Just buy a good quality keyboard, or get a cheap model and replace that every 1 or 2 year...
Would graphite powder be advisable?
-bit (May 08, 2013, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nope, it's going to get worse with that, as the carbon will short-circuit the leads in the switches...

Stoic Joker:
(any) Lubrication == Bad.

This thread seems appropriate: Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

pilgrim:
This thread seems appropriate: Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.-Stoic Joker (May 09, 2013, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

That link provided me with one of the most interesting reads I've had in a long time.

My original PC is a Packard Bell which came with one of their own branded multimedia keyboards, it's about twice the thickness and over twice the weight of the one I bought when I built my new PC and apart from some of the letters on the keys getting faint it works perfectly.
I have tried cleaning it without actually getting it wet, different types of wipes etc. but never successfully.
It wasn't helped a few years ago when I went into hospital and the landlady had various workmen in, including an electrician who drilled a hole in the wall above the computer without covering it up.
When I got home I turned the keyboard and the monitor upside down and got two piles of brick dust.

I only use it about once a month to keep the PC updated so after I use it next I'll have a go at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version