topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for voice acting service  (Read 4304 times)

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Looking for voice acting service
« on: May 04, 2013, 02:28 AM »
Hi all

Is anyone aware of some software or online service where I could request creation of an audio file with specific phrase made in specific voice?

The main idea / reason:

I've create my own blog recently with general complaining, stupid things and funny stuff - all with self made content and all in Polish.

What I would like to add is a post about improper usage of foreign brand names and one of such was a point of joke for me. Being anime fan I have noticed that Auchanw could be spelled in Japanese style like A–U–chan (あーうーちゃん) - with emphasis on A and U letters. So now I'd like to have some voice acting done for that one particular phrase to use it on my website… and not to pay an arm & leg for it.

P.S. I know Google provides a lot of links for solution but I'd like to hear DC recommendations.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 02:42 AM by fenixproductions »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for voice acting service
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 05:42 AM »
What language(s) do you need the phrases/terms to be pronounced? English, Japanese, Polish, other, all available languages?

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 07:03 AM »
What language(s) do you need the phrases/terms to be pronounced? English, Japanese, Polish, other, all available languages?
The only phrase I need is mentioned A-U-chan in Japanese anime style. And I even have an idea how exactly should it sound but I'd like to get it from female mouths (and maybe more ”native” - anime fan perversions ;) ).

I took a look on various Google provided links and many of them seem sufficient but prizes are too high for me. I am not sure should I truly spent 100$ (at least) for such a whim of mine (me?). To be honest: I am not even sure how much is it worth the trouble.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 08:26 AM »
I'd say just sign up and post to an Anime board. I know a voice acting service/group but 1 word is a little thin of a job. : )

On an anime board the fans would likely do your one word for you by a couple different people.

Joe Hone

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Google voice123 and give their site a try. Voiceover artists trying to break through just need one or two jobs to separate them from all of the others, and in the past we got in inexpensive voice from either voice123 or a similar site - the artist was pleased and we had a nice info spot for our website. You can specify language/voice/accent and other perimeters for the artists to do, set the price, and you get to choose from however many samples you are willing to listen through. I think we paid $50.