ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SUGGESTION: Maximum Screen Size

<< < (5/8) > >>

mouser:
Ok so before I embark on this, can I ask if people had a choice, would they prefer to have a view mode where the thumbnail panel was broken off into a separate (maximizable) window, and everything else showed normally (same as it does if you hide the thumbnail panel now.  Or would you guys prefer if there was a mode to show the screenshot in a separate maximizable window by itself, and the normal window had the thumbnails covering the entire space where the screenshot is normally docked?

cranioscopical:
Or would you guys prefer if there was a mode to show the screenshot in a separate maximizable window by itself, and the normal window had the thumbnails covering the entire space where the screenshot is normally docked?
-mouser (March 15, 2015, 11:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Would it still be possible to work on that image, when maximized?  If so, that would get my vote. (Or, why not both?  :o)

mouser:
Ok I have implemented my first pass at a mode where you can separate the main screenshot panel from the rest of the interface..
We'll have to see how well it feels in practice..

* Download alpha test version (4.9.6 ALPHA) from here (or portable).

Essentially the way it works is from the View menu you can toggle a standalone screenshot window.  This window shows ONLY the screenshot, nothing else, and can be maximized on another monitor.  The main interface area is now used to display a full panel of thumbnails, making it an especially nice mode for browsing large numbers of screenshots (and don't forget you have a new image search bar you can toggle for quick searching of images).

As a side benefit, the standalone screenshot mode can be made quite small and kept on screen while you take new screenshots -- something that people have requested in the past.

The main difficulty i think is going to be that people have different workflows in mind, and this mode i've implemented may be slightly schizophrenic..
This mode might be best for people who have 2 or more monitors and want the main interface on one monitor and current screenshot on another.
It will be less convenient for people who want the interface on one monitor and want a quick keyboard toggle between full screen and normal mode -- we may have to add something for those people.
Because you can easily resize the standalone window to be a small floating window, it can also be used to keep the current(last) screenshot always visible on screen while you do other stuff -- that's something people have asked for in the past. BUT the nature of this standalone window probably makes it less than ideal for people who want THIS functionality, since it REPLACES the main interface window and is a bit more heavy weight, versus a simple little floating COPY of the the current screenshot.

In short, we're going to have to use this alpha build to figure out what kinds of work modes people really want and expect to use with this, and try to make that work well..  For now, lets just try to see if this helps figure out what people really want.

Anyway, let me know!

mouser:
Minor update, same url -- standalone shot window will now auto hide during captures, if option is set to hide main window during capture -- makes it a little easier to keep a small shot window on screen while working.

dluby:
A few observations from brief testing. I am unsure if I will explain them well though!

(1) I maximised the standalone window but can't figure out how to re-size it! As it is set to be always on top, I can't see the other programs that are on the same monitor
(2) Can we have a toggle shortcut such as F11?
(3) While initially showing large images (with the screen maximised), I see a window or maybe it's a frame (sometimes with scrollbars) showing within the larger window, then it displays fine.
(4) After clicking an image in the newly maximised thumbnail panel, the screen briefly refreshes showing the Windows 7 default image for thumbnails and then shows the real thumbnails.  Is there a reason why the refresh happens in the first place?
When switching off the standalone window, it takes about 5 seconds on my system. Can the standalone window be removed before returning  to the normal view?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version