ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Turn a batch file into an AHK script.

<< < (12/16) > >>

pilgrim:
No offence, but you were talking about people who couldn't write a batch file - an ini file falls into the same category AFAIAC.
Besides which it defaults to always running, they'd only have to delete the ini file to restore it to that if they mistakenly select the option - no editing of ini files required.
--- End quote ---

Taking the first part of your comment I think in this case the ini file is much easier, a single entry regardless of system and put it in the same folder as the exe.  8)
I hadn't got as far as specific details but your comments make sense, so you I just explain how to set it and how to delete the file.
Seems like the same thing approached from opposite directions. (Could be something to do with geolocation?)  ;D

I might add a Start with Windows option just for giggles too  :D
--- End quote ---

All the programs I run at start up have that option turned off if they have it, I put everything into HKLM - Run rather than HKCU.

I was thinking I'll let you write it   ;)
--- End quote ---

I was expecting to have to put something together anyway so that's not a problem.  :)

4wd:
All the programs I run at start up have that option turned off if they have it, I put everything into HKLM - Run rather than HKCU.-pilgrim (May 23, 2013, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm thinking of the people who don't edit the registry, don't set Scheduled Tasks and don't put shortcuts in the Startup menu.

You're probably on a single user system, others might not be and thus prefer a per user basis, anyway, costs nothing to put it in..........so far  >:D

Which reminds me I need to see what happens when UAC is turned on.

Turns out polling RAS stats at 100ms didn't increase CPU by much at all, still around 2% or less on my Neo N40L server.  Drops to 0% when no VPN active but mem use seems to stay at around 9-10MB.

pilgrim:
I'm thinking of the people who don't edit the registry, don't set Scheduled Tasks and don't put shortcuts in the Startup menu.-4wd (May 23, 2013, 09:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why does that sound familiar?  :tellme:

Which reminds me I need to see what happens when UAC is turned on.
--- End quote ---

The OS takes over the machine?  ;D

Drops to 0% when no VPN active but mem use seems to stay at around 9-10MB.
--- End quote ---

That was what I got the first time I ran it, after that it settled at around 1.5MB.

pilgrim:
I just tried the devcon script for XP in reply 47, the cmd window flashes but nothing else happens, I suspect it is jumping straight to alldone because none of the programs in the main batch file are trying to open.  :huh:

4wd:
I just tried the devcon script for XP in reply 47, the cmd window flashes but nothing else happens, I suspect it is jumping straight to alldone because none of the programs in the main batch file are trying to open.  :huh:-pilgrim (May 24, 2013, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid you're going to have to do better than that, being an ex-tech I want want to know every little thing you tried without me asking for it....including the obvious things like typing devcon status "*DEV_001C*" in a CLI and you telling me what it says both with and without the interface disabled.

In the meantime: VIndicator v0.3.0.23
Changed: RAS stats polled every 100ms, icon reflects data direction
Changed: Tooltip auto-scales data kB -> PB, removed transfer rate
Removed: Debugging stuff
Added: Windows version check, doesn't run on less than Vista now
Added: Start with Windows option, (HKCU Run)
Added: Checks for Remote Access Service installation - required for MS PPTP/L2TP VPN connections

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version