ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Folder Zipper

(1/3) > >>

magician62:
This may exist, but I have yet to find it. I had MyZippa, which did similar but in a different way.

Most archive programs give a right click option to compress a "selected_folder" to "selected_folder.format" where format may be zip rar etc.

For the purpose of this idea we will assume I want to use 7-Zip and zip files.

What I want to be able to do is either select a large number of folders and right-click create individual archives for each folder selected, or drop the folders onto a program that will process each folder and zip it to an archive of the same name in the source folder, or even a predefined destination folder. The second option seems the more logical as I guess configuration would be easier, but a combination of both would also be good.

Ie
folder1 -> folder1.zip
folder2 -> folder2.zip
folder3 -> folder3.zip

This is the next stage in dealling with files I have processed with "File Punter" so it may fit as an add-on for that, but more likely a stand alone

skwire:
This might work well as a fourth method for my SpinZip program you can find here:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=spinzip

magician62:
It does look like it could be a good candidate.

The one thing that needs to happen is that the files stay in the root directory of the archive. I had found some other programs that almost worked in the past, but put the folder into the archive.
The reason this need to happen, is I then change the suffix to CBZ so it can be read by a comic book reader, but if there is a folder, there is no image to display as the icon.

And before anyone asks. I am not actually using it for comic books, but old paperwork, receipts etc, and then loading into calibre for storage and categorisation :)

Additional thought. Maybe there would be a case to allow an option to change the file type to CBZ afterwards for those who need it, again another step eliminated

magician62:
Another option might be to allow selection based on file creation date between two dates

A question , as it doesn't yet fit my criteria, when including subdirectories, does it maintain structure or flat pack the files to one level ?

skwire:
Sorry for the lack of movement on this; I've been especially busy with my regular job lately.  I'll try to find some time to investigate adding your original request to SpinZip.

@Other devs:  If anybody else wants to take a crack at this request, by all means, do so.  =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version