ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Scrubby

<< < (4/4)

c.gingerich:
Before I make an official release I'll let the members here play with this new version it a bit. I removed the hoykey and it now just uses the default windows clipboard hotkeys and works in the background. It does not hook the hotkey at all anymore. I also removed the double space option under append clipboard option, if you need an extra line then copy it. :-) There were a few small bugs also and the paste special dialog should not show anymore when pasting.

You can download the beta version HERE and view the new help file here -> http://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/191852d2-1ce4-4888-a800-6e910012ac84/568f32e82ed7c16289f485852fddcb01

The help link in the beta still points to the old help file for now.

Please let me know how it goes. :-)  (@TaoPhoenix :-) )

TaoPhoenix:
Before I make an official release I'll let the members here play with this new version it a bit. I removed the hoykey and it now just uses the default windows clipboard hotkeys and works in the background. It does not hook the hotkey at all anymore. I also removed the double space option under append clipboard option, if you need an extra line then copy it. :-) There were a few small bugs also and the paste special dialog should not show anymore when pasting.

You can download the beta version HERE and view the new help file here -> http://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/191852d2-1ce4-4888-a800-6e910012ac84/568f32e82ed7c16289f485852fddcb01

The help link in the beta still points to the old help file for now.

Please let me know how it goes. :-)  (@TaoPhoenix :-) )
-c.gingerich (May 05, 2013, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here we go! I get to be a pest!  :D

In general I like the feel of the "work in the background" which I just realized gets even more important because another finesse I use from Skwire's side of the forum is "auto-xmouse" which changes window focus, so if we can get rid of these dialog popups, those won't get trapped out of focus. (I think. I didn't get that far in testing, I just thought of it now as if I were doing this for real.) But yes, with in-background, I didn't get the AdBlock pulls or as much "fighting for hotkeys" as last time.

I did a few tests in Notepad to try to catch LibreOffice-specific errors/bugs.

1. Basically none of the toggles work for me. I burned out of trials (the new Beta starts where the old one left off!) because the program only seemed to notice the changed settings when I closed and re-opened it. So I had to check or uncheck a desired setting, then close and open it again. So I need a kludge to test your next version!

2. In that Short Story page, if I copied the two lines (story title with a link and the author name below) this time LibreOffice wants to pull in the "text import" dialog.

3. "Append to Clipboard" isn't a bad start - I could live with making two rows of data, by first copy-and-scrubbing the story titles into a complete clipboard, then pasting it, then doing the authors on the second row, and if I'm not a blind wombat they would line up in paired columns of data. However, there seems to be a blank line that keeps appearing into the accumulating clipboard. So "Remove Blank Lines" doesn't seem to be working too well.

4. When "Trip Whitespace" is checked, I keep getting a dialog box that says nothing but "here" ??! (So you have to keep clicking okay?!)

Whew! I'm a modular tester, so I'll stop there, because when enough bugs get changed/attempted-fixed, all kinds of stuff pops up as I just noted above! But yes, in general this is starting to look really useful!
 :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix:

Heh Remember this?

I'm just now getting back to my project, so that just illustrates why I like Per-Use stuff rather than time limited!

Meanwhile, I think I'll be using Kingsoft Office Spreadsheet rather than LibreOffice for a while, so I don't yet know what Scrubby does to that program.

Chris, are you around so we can see which potential features and stuff to hone in on? At one point you were planning a re-write. I re-downloaded the Beta, and by this point my "15 uses expired", so I don't know anymore what was in there! :(

c.gingerich:
Sorry. I got busy with work and got off track. I'll get back on this soon and make sure to have the trial start over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version