Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 07:33:15 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.9.1 - Oct 10, 2014  (Read 233744 times)
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #500 on: November 07, 2014, 10:51:39 AM »

Hallo Mouser.

I'm a couple of versions back. (4.85)

Remember that cute little trick you put in for me a big while back, where "1 click" on the tray icon initiated the capture rectangle?

For a long time (but I never really worried about it) I have noticed a lag, maybe as much as 3 seconds, before the rectangle capture would kick in. But quasi recently I've been doing more capturing off videos, where the video (be it TV/movie or Youtube) shows something for under a second but I want to gaze at it idly for a week on a Sticky (Tom Revell / Zhorn).

But in videos, that 3 second delay means when I click the icon, 3 seconds later, that quick flash image is no longer there!

So I have to back up like 3-7 times, remember the trigger points, and guess when to click, and hope that when the rectangle locks in, is the image I want.

Was that lag a function of the ugly hack you needed back in the day for the feature, or do you think it's easy to clean up?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #501 on: November 07, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »

The first thing to check is if you have the Delay option engaged.  You can find that in the tray menu under "Capture Options..".

The second thing to check is if the delay only happens on the first capture in a long time.  That is, is the second capture fast if performed soon after the first one completes?

If you don't have the delay engaged and the second capture is fast, then the delay is due to Screenshot Captor being unloaded from memory by the operating system after a long period of disuse.  To combat this, you can go to the Startup Options for SC and choose the "Inactive Memory Use" option of "Stay in Memory Longer".
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #502 on: November 07, 2014, 09:42:53 PM »

Hmm. It's not so clear, but I did (re?) disable delay capture which might have been clicked on, (though it says 400ms, that's not what it felt like), and Stay in memory longer is def on.

So it seems a little better, and I'll try that for a while.

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2014, 12:11:23 AM »

The delay is still there ... about 3 sec.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.023s | Server load: 0 ]