topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022  (Read 1198465 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.25.1 - Feb 18, 2018
« Reply #650 on: February 18, 2018, 10:22 PM »
Great!

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #651 on: February 19, 2018, 02:08 AM »
Sorry but how do I download the beta version?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #652 on: February 19, 2018, 02:09 AM »
See first post in this thread for download link.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #653 on: February 19, 2018, 08:34 AM »
New substanial feature that may be quite useful:
  • [New Feature] Auto selection adjustment (under Edit Menu) -- will resize (both and expand and shrink) the current selection region to tightly fit the foreground contents on a solid background.  Great for isolating GUI controls, windows, etc

It's good for helping you select GUI elements -- basically just select a rough area around (or even intruding a bit into it) a screen object on a solid background, and then trigger the region auto adjust and it should conform to the object.
It's still in early stages.

I will soon be adding some options for it and letting it conform to convex objects that are not perfectly square.  But it seems quite useful  Now includes convex cropping.

I'll make a video soon showing how to use this feature.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:51 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #654 on: February 19, 2018, 06:07 PM »
My current implementation of AutoAdjust region will actually first "grow" the region and then contract it -- that can make it easier in some rare cases, but I'm thinking it's probably less confusing and more generally useful if it never expands the region and ALWAYS contracts around whatever you have selected...

I have disabled the "grow before shrink" action, as I think it could lead to some confusion.  Ideally I will put back a grow mode in a different place, as it could be useful for selection some regions in some scenarios.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:02 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok latest beta update is starting to add some useful stuff:

v4.26.3 beta - Feb 19, 2018
  • [Help] Added new help topic on region select mode.
  • [Improvement] Much faster and smoother region capture mode keyboard nudge operation.
  • [Improvement] Added 'T' shortcut in region capture mode to toggle controlling corner (useful for nudging and adjusting region).
  • [Improvement] Tweaked the detection of a simple left-click in region capture mode to avoid spurious case where a single click was interpreted as a drag and release capture in region capture mode.
  • [Improvement] Added 'R' shortcut in region capture mode to switch to fixed sized region move mode.
  • [Improvement] Added ability to quickly select preset region sizes in region capture mode using your favorite and last sizes, using keys 0-9.
  • [New Feature] Auto selection adjustment (under Edit Menu) -- will resize (both and expand and shrink) the current selection region to tightly fit the foreground contents on a solid background.  Great for isolating GUI controls, windows, etc.;  New toolbar menu item for this command, and shortcut key 'a' in editor.
  • [New Feature] In main editor, use keys 0-9 to select from MyFavorite region sizes (0 to unselect).
  • [BugFix] Pixelation effects grid borders were sometimes off by one pixel.

You can now try the new auto-adjust region (shrink) using the "A" key when in main sc editor, or use new toolbar button;  Also you now have an easier way to select from your MyFavorite region sizes.

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I like where you are going with this and something I noticed while testing:
Click on Edit-->Preferences-->My Favourites and then click cancel.  I get a long delay and then the screenshot panel (actually the contents) changes position (same position each time though)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Let me check into this long delay on closing options issue..
I don't think I changed anything so it may be an issue with windows or antivirus.  Can I ask what OS you use and what antivirus program you us?

I have reproduced the problem -- I'm looking into it now..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:29 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another beta:

v4.27.1 BETA - Feb 21, 2018
  • [Help] Added new help topic on region select mode.
  • [Improvement] Much faster and smoother region capture mode keyboard nudge operation.
  • [Improvement] Added 'T' shortcut in region capture mode to toggle controlling corner (useful for nudging and adjusting region).
  • [Improvement] Tweaked the detection of a simple left-click in region capture mode to avoid spurious case where a single click was interpreted as a drag and release capture in region capture mode.
  • [Improvement] Added 'R' shortcut in region capture mode to switch to fixed sized region move mode.
  • [Improvement] Added ability to quickly select preset region sizes in region capture mode using your favorite and last sizes, using keys 0-9.
  • [New Feature] Auto selection adjustment (under Edit Menu) -- will resize (both and expand and shrink) the current selection region to tightly fit the foreground contents on a solid background.  Great for isolating GUI controls, windows, etc.;  New toolbar menu item for this command, and shortcut key 'a' in editor.
  • [New Feature] In main editor, use keys 0-9 to select from MyFavorite region sizes (0 to unselect).
  • [BugFix] Pixelation effects grid borders were sometimes off by one pixel.
  • [BugFix] Sorting by name in thumbnail panel was not working.
  • [Improvement] Speed of sorting thumbnail panel has been improved.
  • [BugFix] Eliminated unnecessary long delay after closing options panel and performing other operations that effected the thumbnail panel (sorting, etc.).
  • [BugFix] Active screenshot (position) in screenshot thumbnail panel was being lost after closing options or performing some other menu operations.
  • [BugFix] Ragged/splice effects dialog was not remembering choice of affected edges.
  • [Improvement] New option for post-capture pop-up dialog, you can choose whether the main app should stay minimized when you hit enter from the post-capture pop-up dialog if it was already minimized when you triggered the capture, or should always show the main window afterwards (previously the default).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dluby give the latest version a try and see if I haven't fixed the issue.
I have some concern that in some of my zeal to improve the thumbnail panel sort/refresh, and fix related bugs, that there may be cases where it doesn't resort when it should, etc.  So if anyone notices that let me know.

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
That seems to have fixed it, there's still a slight delay when closing the preferences screen (without making any changes) but it's fine.

The auto adjust selection to fit is a nice feature and works well.  I'll try test the other changes you've made.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks very much for the testing, dluby! I appreciate all the feedback and bug reports.

That seems to have fixed it, there's still a slight delay when closing the preferences screen (without making any changes) but it's fine.

Let me take a guess that you have a fair number of screenshots in your thumbnail panel (screenshot directory).  In such cases there will still be some delays on operations that cause that thumbnail panel to repopulate.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:48 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
4.27.2beta - Minor update to fix auto-adjust selection bug -- it could be off by one in some cases.

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have 452 images in the folder.  I'll try do some house-cleaning one of these days!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
At this point I would appreciate any and all beta test reports.  I have made some non-trivial improvements and I want to make sure I didn't break anything before I push out an official update.  You don't even have to try the new features, just use what you normally use and let me know if the thumbnail panel ever acts up on you.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And for anyone who ever wants to regularly capture images at certain sizes, or crop to certain sizes, I encourage you to check out the MyFavorites tab and set some favorite sizes, and check out the new feature where you can quickly select these using keys 1-9 in region capture and in editing mode.

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor feedback. The version displayed when installing the latest beta (and the prior one) still says 4.26.3.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks, fixed.

4.27.3 minor update:
[Improvement] When copying a selected region to clipboard or saving a selected region as a separate file (see toolbar button and save menu for this handy operation), it will now properly save alpha transparency if the selection is non rectangular (for example made using lasso selection or auto adjust region action).

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Unless I did this accidentally somehow, my 'Copy to clipboard' option was set to Nothing instead of 'Image Bitmap'.  Could you recent changes have caused this or maybe I did it and my sanity comes into question (which is a regular occurrence).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I didn't change anything that should have affected that option.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.27.3 - Feb 24, 2018
« Reply #670 on: February 24, 2018, 05:42 PM »
I have published v4.27.3 as an official release.  It should now be available when you do an update check.

saltosi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #671 on: February 25, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Can you please provide a download link instead of pointing to the ScreenCaptor Homepage?
I honestly cannot find a link to the new version on that page, only a link to the old 4.21.0 version.
Thank you.

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #672 on: February 25, 2018, 10:56 AM »
Can you please provide a download link instead of pointing to the ScreenCaptor Homepage?
I honestly cannot find a link to the new version on that page, only a link to the old 4.21.0 version.
Thank you.

I think mouser just forgot to update the information on the page as the download should be the new one.

saltosi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #673 on: February 25, 2018, 11:06 AM »
Yip, true, thank you hamradio, looked at the properties, which tells it is version 4.27.3.0

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #674 on: February 25, 2018, 11:17 AM »
Yip, true, thank you hamradio, looked at the properties, which tells it is version 4.27.3.0

No problem and welcome to the forums by the way. :Thmbsup: