ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (97/156) > >>

mouser:
Added some feature improvements to the region capture mode:

v4.8.8 - September 30, 2014

* [MajorFeature] New action available when dropping an image file onto the current image: Combine images. Let's you easily line up images side by side with automatic scaling.
* [Feature] Made it easier to abort scrolling and other capture operations (tray menu changes to display a cancel operation item).
* [Feature] Added commandline option to change save file format.
* [Feature] Added tools menu to SC system tray menu.
* [Feature] When SC encounters an image file of a different format than the extension indicates, it is still loaded but a warning is shown.
* [Feature] When SC encounters an error loading an image file, it reports the error and clears the current image selection.
* [Feature] Select-region capture can now be performed in additional ways; you can use enter key to start and end capture regions (space bar resets initial position; cursor keys nudge; C toggles cursor; Z toggles zoom); quick single mouse click can also now mark start and end positions instead of holding and dragging.
* [Feature] By default SC now checks if a capture is all white or all black, and reports the probable cause (interference from a Security App); see Tweaks option tab to turn this off.
* [MinorFeature] You can now set a Screenshot directory that SC will always start with even if you changed directories on last run.
* [MinorFeature] You can now use cursor (arrow) keys to adjust cursor location during shift+PrtScr selected region capture.
* [MinorFeature] Added Up/Down keys to scrolling capture methods.
* [MinorFeature] Better instructions for manual scrolling captures.
* [MinorFeature] Better handling of canceled dropped file.
* [MinorFeature] The warning about resizing images with objects can now be disabled.
* [MinorFeature] Changed upload menu icon.
* [MinorFeature] 'C' key in region-select mode can now be used to toggle off the display/capture of cursor.
* [BugFix] DPI was sometimes not set properly if SC was set to not save image automatically.
* [BugFix] It was possible to restore main SC window and then minimize it during scrolling capture, rendering all SC windows invisible.
* [BugFix] Red box was flickering in object selection mode.
* [BugFix] If using post-capture dialog after captures, and "stay hidden" option is chosen, main window was sometimes restoring if it was showing before capture was initiated.
* [BugFix] Nudging selection with arrow keys in region-select mode had an annoying delay/stutter.

mouser:
I've re-uploaded a new version of 4.8.8 -- I'd appreciate if I could get as many beta testers using it (and reporting if everything works) as possible before I release it as a non-beta.

Thanks!

tomos:
I've re-uploaded a new version of 4.8.8 -- I'd appreciate if I could get as many beta testers using it (and reporting if everything works) as possible before I release it as a non-beta.

Thanks!
-mouser (October 02, 2014, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

were there (important) changes?
I installed it about 6 hours ago - how do I know if I have the most recent version if they using the same number?
Or am I misunderstanding :D
TIA

mouser:
6 hours ago is fine -- my last upload was 24 hours ago.

The most recent changes were:

* [Feature] When SC encounters an image file of a different format than the extension indicates, it is still loaded but a warning is shown.
* [Feature] When SC encounters an error loading an image file, it reports the error and clears the current image selection.
* [Feature] Select-region capture can now be performed in additional ways; you can use enter key to start and end capture regions (space bar resets initial position; cursor keys nudge; C toggles cursor; Z toggles zoom); quick single mouse click can also now mark start and end positions instead of holding and dragging.
* [Feature] By default SC now checks if a capture is all white or all black, and reports the probable cause (interference from a Security App); see Tweaks option tab to turn this off.
* [BugFix] If using post-capture dialog after captures, and "stay hidden" option is chosen, main window was sometimes restoring if it was showing before capture was initiated.
* [BugFix] Nudging selection with arrow keys in region-select mode had an annoying delay/stutter.

mouser:
So, one of the things in the new version is, it will (unless the option is disabled), check each newly captured image to see if it is all one solid color, and if so, it will display an error and suggest that the user may have a security program blocking Screenshot Captor from capturing images.

This was added because of the recent trend of security apps blocking screenshot taking without telling the user what is going on.  The check for a solid color capture seems to take place fast enough that it's not noticeable (milliseconds), so it shouldn't be a concern (though it can be disabled from options).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version