topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022  (Read 1198457 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Working on new update that will be uploaded before end of weekend.  Among the improvements is an improved zoom panel and color info in status bar:
Screenshot - 4_13_2012 , 12_47_15 AM.png

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Pre-emptive thanks for the ability to see the selection in the zoom window  :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Will the king kong sized cross-hairs be reduce-able?  :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
option to switch between full screen crosshairs and tiny crosshairs now implemented; will be in next upload.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:39 AM by mouser »

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature request:
I notice that when I add decoration to a screenshot (SpecialFX, highlights, squares, arrows) and I use one of the SendTo options, it will send the screenshot without the decor. I understand you might want people to purposely "save" the picture, but I'd like to see the default be that the image 'as you see it' is sent, even if it is a temporary copy. If you don't agree with that, perhaps ask if I am sure if I want to send the picture with unsaved changes.

It has caught me out more than once.
That said, amazing program!

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
option to switch between full screen crosshairs and tiny crosshairs now implemented; will be in next upload.

Great! I hope that I can replace Snippy.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the continual improvements!
For me, reliable scrolling captures have been the best feature for me in 2012  :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New version with quite a few fixes and some big improvements:

v3.04.01 - Apr 12, 2012
  • [BugFix] Panel height for resizable bottom info panel was not being saved/restored between runs.
  • [Feature] Selection (marching ants) is now shown live in the bottom left zoom panel (cursor location is now shown more clearly too).
  • [BugFix] Dirty files are saved prior to executing a zupload action (ensures you dont upload a file that has changed but not been saved yet).
  • [Feature] Added cancel button in options to abandon any changes made in options dialog.
  • [Feature] Installer now has checkbox to start-with-windows (unchecked by default); you can use /MERGETASKS="startforall" if you want to enable this by default during install.
  • [Feature] You can now use alt+arrows to nudge upper left corner of selection (use shift+arrows to nudge bottom right corner, plain arrows to move selection box, and ctrl+arrows to adjust both corners).
  • [Feature] Color of pixel under cursor is now shown on statusbar menu toolbar; hit Ctrl+Alt+B in main window to copy it to cursor (or use alt+E to choose copy color from Edit menu).
  • [MajorFeature] When performing a selected-region capture you can now see a zoomed inset window showing magnified pixel details and precise selection crosshairs; see options for control over the zoom magnification and panel size, and to disable.
  • [Feature] You can now move the cursor icon to be captured when performing a selected-region capture; just hit the C key to move it under the mouse.  You can even use this to ADD the cursor if you do not have "capture cursor" mode enabled by default.
  • [Feature] In selected-region capture you can hit the spacebar to reset the starting selection box position (escape cancels).
  • [MinorFeature] Option added to revert to old small crosshairs in selection-region capture mode.
  • [BugFix] Using the MoveTo.. menu item to browse to a folder already on the MoveTo list would result in duplicate directories being added.

I will have another update in not too long as well.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quick note: if you downloaded the beta early, please force a redownload; the version info hasn't changed since the beta but i fixed a couple of minor things.

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Can we have the option for rounded corners for Highlight boxes. It is an option for the highlight text for arrows so the code would appear to be mostly present.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Finally added printing captions that people have been asking for, for a while:

v3.05.01 - May 24, 2012
  • [MinorChange] Changed default single tray click action to do nothing (change from shortcuts options tab).
  • [MinorChange] The delay set in WindowCapture1 is now used after moving a window that is partially offscreen when performing a transparent window capture.
  • [MinorFix] On minimized startup, SC will avoid checking for existing of screenshot and MoveTo directories -- useful for network share screenshot directories.
  • [MinorFeature] System tray icon menu items to open last image in viewer or editor.
  • [MinorFeature] Added pop-up context menu to file info/comments panel.
  • [Feature] Added option to automatically watermark and/or zupload new screenshots.
  • [Feature] When applying bluring/interlacing/hiding effects, the transparency of the image is now flattened, to avoid leakage of information that could occur with transparency interactions.
  • [Feature] New option (checked by default) to get actual scan DPI after scanning.
  • [Feature] Image captions now support multiline captions (use \n).
  • [Feature] Image captions now support %filememo% for contents of the file memo box.
  • [Feature] Image captions now include left and center align options.
  • [Feature] You can now have captions auto-applied to new screenshots.
  • [Feature] You can now have captions automatically added to printouts (can be used to print date, application name, contents of below-image file memo, etc.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:15 AM by mouser »

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just updated.
I haven't been able to try all of the new features yet but wanted to say thanks for the print caption feature.  :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yeah, quite a few people were asking to be able to have some info printed along with screenshots.

Actually the Automatic Captions tab is missing a few fields that you will find useful in this regard.

If you want captions on your printouts, a good value for your caption text might be:
%file.nopath%\n%filememo%

Which will show the screenshot filename along with the memo contents.

[and if you are wanting to add the filename AND autoprint at the time of capture, please redownload if you grabbed the version before i posted this reply (noon forum time) as i just pushed out a minor version update that fixes that].
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:56 AM by mouser »

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Will DcUpdater pick this up or do I need to do it manually?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Will DcUpdater pick this up or do I need to do it manually?
you need to do it manually if you grabbed 3.05.01 before my last post.

or just wait a day or two until i push out a new official update.

simakuutio

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Didn't notice anyone mentioning that zuploader changed it's name (and location in new installation) and Screenshot Captor cannot locate it anymore... How about making a quick fix to correct this one..:) New name for that program is ShareX... Rest should be easy to figure out...

Thank you!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Actually I have a fix for this I just haven't uploaded it yet; i will do so this weekend.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor Update:
v3.06.01 - June 7, 2012
  • [Update] Upload tools now support ShareX (new version of ZUploader)

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Print margins are not being saved / remembered between sessions in 3.06.01 and as far I can tell "all" previous versions e.g.

1) Change the margins to 0.6 all round, orientation to landscape print & fine.

2) Exit program, go back to print dialog and all the settings are back to where they were before I changed them

This was listed as being fixed back a while ago in 2.58 (unsure of exact release). Any ideas or suggestions ?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:46 PM by hubi, Reason: fix grammar »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'll have a look.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mostly bug fixes with this release:

v3.07.01 - June 19, 2012
  • [BugFix] Access Violation Errors could be triggered (especially on selected region capture) after the disconnection of a monitor on a multimon system (perhaps also after monitor resolution changes, hibernation wakeup, remote desktop connection/disconnection).
  • [BugFix] Scrolling capture option dialog settings were not being saved.
  • [Documentation] Added documentation on automatic installation of license key, configdir, and settings files.
  • [BugFix] Fields for memo after a scan would sometimes include filename of last application window captured.
  • [BugFix] Using timed autocapture tool to do scanner captures did not work.
  • [Default Change] Set default option to print captions on printouts.
  • [Options] Added options on "Print Options" tab to use default units/page orientation, which should remember last used values.
  • [Change] If option is set to stay minimize and hide main widow on capture, main window will stay hidden after capture even if it was showing at time of capture.
  • [BugFix] Copying and pasting objects using menu could result in new objects pasted out of view.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am here waiting ...

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/random17_bucket/emoticons.jpg
LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

:P

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
[Options] Added options on "Print Options" tab to use default units/page orientation, which should remember last used values.

Sorry but it hasn't fixed this for me. Keeps "losing" the margins I set  :( e.g. Check ScreenshotCaptor.ini file and what seems the appropriate lines are as below

printop_marginbottom=0.6
printop_marginleft=0.6
printop_marginright=0.6
printop_margintop=0.6
printop_position=0.6

Yet the File -> Print has the margins all at 1 cm. Is it because I am selecting margins < 1 cm ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is it because I am selecting margins < 1 cm ?

i suspect so.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Really small update this time, but an important one.  The new print captioning option (an important one) was not working when triggered via the optional post-capture dialog.

v3.08.01 - July 6, 2012
  • [BugFix] Automatic Print Captioning was not working if triggered from the optional post-capture dialog.
  • [Change] Improved menu captions for delay and autocapture items; changed autocapture options to allow faster than 1s captures.