topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022  (Read 1195969 times)

kimajac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - 2.102.01 - Sep 29, 2011
« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2011, 07:09 AM »
Is there a possibility of getting a pen function?   I would like to able to draw other than a straight line.  Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - 2.103.01 - Nov 13, 2011
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Very minor bugfix update:

v2.103.01 - Nov 13, 2011
  • [BugFix] Fixed bug where thumbnail panel would not always update after new screenshot.

Next on my SC todo list is to finish the scrolling window capture recode.

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2011, 05:23 PM »
Thanks for the update.

However, can we please change the default highlight rectangle/circle mode from what seems to be the new default of "Multiply". Why ? Because red on black in Multiply mode gives no highlight at all  :( e.g.
Screenshot-22_11_11-09_28_02.png

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:00 PM by hubi, Reason: fix grammar »

F6EXV

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2011, 11:57 AM »
Download from Official Web Page: HERE.
Screencast Videos: HERE.

LATEST VERSION:

v2.103.01 - Nov 13, 2011
  • [BugFix] Fixed bug where thumbnail panel would not always update after new screenshot.

v2.102.01 - Sep 29, 2011
  • [BugFix] Fixed a rare problem that was causing truncated full screen screenshots (and enlarged region capture previews) on some users with Windows7 and large fonts [thanks steveorg!].
  • [BugFix] Changing some options in Highlight object (circle vs box) were sometimes not being accepted immediately [thanks xcopy!]
  • [MinorImprovement]  Better automatic-sized thumbnail panel on Windows Vista/7 themes.
  • [MinorFeature] Added link in help menu to visit page of screencast videos for the program.
  • [BugFix] Selected Region grab was sometimes not showing region size hint.
  • [MinorImprovement] Selected region capture now shows full screen sized crosshairs at cursor.
  • [MinorImprovement] Selected region capture was capturing one pixel margin too much on left and top.
  • [MinorImprovement] You can now press spacebar and let go of left mouse during region grab to free the cursor to change grab start location.
  • [MinorImprovement] After a Selected region capture, SC forces previously active window to be foreground before copying any image to clipboard -- improves identification of source of image in clipboard tools (see Clipboard Help+Spell).

v2.101.01 - Sep 20, 2011
  • [BugFix] Better grabbing of active window executable filename (especially with 64bit processed)
  • [MinorFeature] Post capture pop-up dialog now has an easy way to configure whether it is shown after captures.
  • [MinorFeature] You can now specify a custom path to ZUploader (or event use a different tool in its place)
  • [MinorImprovement] Improved size of ellipse border around line arrow text.
  • [Feature] Line arrow text can now be multi-line (separate with \n)

v2.99.02 - Sep 7, 2011
  • [Minor Feature] New checkbox in SaveAs dialog to strip all metadata on save (remembers last setting)
  • [Feature] You can now set blend mode for highlight boxes and text boxes -- lets you keep the text underneath clearly visible.
  • [BugFix] Increased speed of object editing.
  • [BugFix] SaveAs would lock the destination folder from deletion; fixed.
  • [Minor Feature] You can now set the background color for text labels on arrows.
  • [BugFix] Spliceout was not preserving alpha transparency.
  • [Minor Feature] Splice out operation now asks about vertical or horizontal if its not clear from selection.
  • [Minor Feature] You can now set a custom capture sound.
  • [Minor Feature] You can now set origin point styles for arrow line label text.
  • [BugFix] Increased height margin for line arrow text label borders.
  • [BugFix] Fixed bug where typing text on arrow labels could become very slow; fix should speed up text editing in all cases, and improve anti-alias look of memo and line text; try 2.
  • [Minor Feature] Transparency of memo boxes and labels now excludes text, which is always opaque.
  • [Minor Feature] Early first attempt at improved arrow connection points on labeled lines.
  • [Feature] Added support and help for the excellent free open source 3rd party uploader tool ZUploader (from the makers of the screenshot tool ZScreen); supports auto or tool-based upload to various image hosting sites like imageshack, and many more.

v2.96.01 - Aug 2, 2011
  • [MinorFeature] You can now reselect the last selection region location (see Edit menu); useful for selecting same area in multiple files, or reselection region after an undo.
  • [MinorFeature] Added new option to help aero transparency capture of child windows; note that you now have to make sure the child window is off of the parent background form to get a good aero capture.
  • [Feature] Added GoTo menu for quick jumping between favorite folders; moved some File menu items into it.  Startup screenshot folder auto-added to list.
  • [MinorFeature] Added option to hide tray icon completely; not recommended.
  • [BugFix] Captures from Opera did not get url;
  • [BugFix] Captures from chrome on https pages had incorrect urls in notes.
  • [Feature] Added commandline screenshot emailing option, and includes the sendmail.exe commandline tool; useful for people who need to be able to send secure smtp emails or who want to use a custom batch file for sending emails. (If you plan to use this feature you need to download the sendEmail executable from http://caspian.dotco.../Software/SendEmail/).
  • [MinorFeature] Built with lastest shell browser library for thumbnail panel.
  • [BugFix] Update check dialog could be missing Close button.
  • [BugFix] Last build may not have been configured to use the new CommonControls from windows, which fix a few bugs mentioned in past updates).

v2.95.01 - June 6, 2011
  • [BugFix] When capturing scans, the previous screencapture active window info could be kept in image comments.
  • [MinorFeature] Added Pixelate *outside* region special effect.
  • [Feature] Fixed bug in sorting by date and added new options to sort by either creation date or lastmodification date.
  • [BugFix] Windows 7 (vista?) could give error on startup about inability to create a .redirect file for update checker.

v2.93.01 - Mar 23rd, 2011
  • [Feature] Added new Pixelate filter (see options on SpecialEffects tab).
  • [MinorFeature] Added options for setting default print units and orientation (landscape, etc.)
  • [BugFix] When pasting bitmaps from clipboard, a border was put around them.
  • [MinorFeature] Additional attempt to speed up object editing mode when lots of objects on screen.
  • [BugFix] Custom border color was being ignored on some border options.
  • [MinorFeature] New option (set by default) to not attempt aero transparent capture on full-screen windows, since this can bump them out of full screen status.
  • [Feature] Improved built-in update checker.

v2.91.01 - Feb 24th, 2011
  • [MajorFeature] New options (interface and objects tabs) that let disable anti-aliasing and smoothing when editing objects, which can dramatically speed up the speed at which multiple objects can be manipulated.
  • [BugFix] SC was overly conservative about allowed filename characters.
  • [Changes] Changed some shortcuts to be more standardized (Ctrl+P for print, Ctrl+D for deselect)
  • [BugFix/Change] Ctrl+C and Edit->Copy was no longer copying individual selected objects in object mode.

v2.90.01 - Feb 15, 2011
  • [BugFix] Attempt to fix bug where thumbnail panel was sometimes not updating on new images.
  • [BugFix] Manifest was not being embedded leading to beep sound when selecting items in thumbnail or capturing screenshots (mostly under Windows Vista).

Web Page:

Hello all
I just downloaded and installed version 2.103.01.
When I try to "gran the active window", a small black square appears on the upper left corner of the screen... and this is what i grabbed = a black square...
Using Windows 7.
Anyone also experiencing this ?
Thanks !

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2011, 11:58 AM »
how did you activate the "grab active window" command? by hotkey or by menu?

the way grab active window works is you are supposed to activate the window you want to capture, then trigger the grab active window capture by hotkey.

(by the way i'm going to move your question to it's own thread in this section)

F6EXV

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2011, 01:51 PM »
Hi
I click on the "active window" to sort of highlight it, then launch Screenshot Captor through the small icon, and then select "grab active window" with a right click.
If I do not click with a very few seconds on the active window to make it active again, I will get that black square.
If I do click on the active window AFTER selecting "Grab the active window" from the shortcut, it will work but it will slightly move that window. I wish it did not move it at all...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01 PM »
I should probably make it so SC returns focus to the last active window -- but the truth is that the best way to use this function is NOT to trigger it from the system tray icon or menu, but simply select the window you want to capture and then use the Screenshot Captor HOTKEY to trigger an active window capture.

F6EXV

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Hi
I click on the "active window" to sort of highlight it, then launch Screenshot Captor through the small icon, and then select "grab active window" with a right click.
If I do not click with a very few seconds on the active window to make it active again, I will get that black square.
If I do click on the active window AFTER selecting "Grab the active window" from the shortcut, it will work but it will slightly move that window. I wish it did not move it at all...

Actually, I just realize that the move I mention only occurs if the active window is close to the screen edges.... but still annoying in my particular case.... Not a matter of life and death though, but annoying !

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2011, 02:10 PM »
the move I mention only occurs if the active window is close to the screen edges

SC does that in order to capture transparency effects that can happen beyond screen borders.  you can disable SC from trying to do this in window capture options, but it is recommended if you want transparency captured properly.

F6EXV

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2011, 02:29 PM »
where do I find the window capture options ?

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2012, 12:26 PM »
I just got a new gadget. It's a USB microscope, came in a box that looked like it had been sat on by a small elephant so it only cost £1... that's what? Maybe $1.60? Anyway, although it comes with software that knows how to capture images from it, it's primarily for image editing and, frankly, not a patch on software I already have.

So... how about ScreenshotCaptor gaining the ability to look at connected cameras (interface-wise, this looks just like a webcam and is supported by native Windows drivers) and capture stills from them?

Yeah, yeah, like you needed to find something new to do. ;)
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #311 on: January 07, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Try my Webcam Video Diary for that:
https://www.donation...ideoDiary/index.html

Screenshot_main.jpg

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2012, 05:12 AM »

Looks good, I'll try it -- thanks!

(And Happy New Year, by the way!)  :)
-- bests, Tim

rkoyle

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2012, 02:48 PM »
Latest download link shows 2.103.01 but the version actually downloaded is 2.105.01. At least that's what I got.

v2.105.01 fails to capture Active Window. Nothing is captured.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2012, 05:28 PM »
When you say nothing is captured, do you mean you get a pure white or black screen?

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2012, 05:42 PM »

(see attachment in previous post)
Oh man!!  How the hell did I never catch wind of this?  this is happening...right now.  I just got my webcam.

Anyone interested in subscribing to my channel?
$5/hr, underwear on
$10/hr, hairy chest chatting
$15/hr, skivvies off but webcam won't reach down there
$20/hr, same as ^^ but I'll tilt the webcam down

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Oh man!!  How the hell did I never catch wind of this?  this is happening...right now.  I just got my webcam.

$5/hr, underwear on
$15/hr, skivvies off but webcam won't reach down there
$20/hr, same as ^^ but I'll tilt the webcam down

As of now you are responsible for DC showing up in some unwanted search results  ;D

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2012, 07:43 AM »

$5/hr, underwear on
$15/hr, skivvies off but webcam won't reach down

You know, it's customary to at least include a face photo as a teaser.  :P

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - 3.0 - Feb 5, 2012
« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2012, 02:32 AM »
VERSION 3 IS RELEASED!
Thank you to all the beta testers.

v3.00.00 - Feb 5, 2012
  • [MajorFeature] New splice effects (ragged edge, etc.); also available in cropping and in border menu.
  • [MajorFeature] Super deluxe scrolling capture system.
  • [MajorFeature] Easy watermarking menu and options.
  • [MinorFeature] Options to preserve dates when saving modifying screenshot files.
  • [MinorFeature] Options to rename when changing content and filename field of files.
  • [[MinorFeature] Loading an image now shows its creation/modification date in statusbar.
  • [BugFix] Fixed rare problem with settings file not saving on networked pcs; added option to not save settings during logoff of user.
  • [BugFix] Fixed minor issues when initiating a capture and SC needed to show save-confirmation dialog for previous image.
  • [BugFix] You can now capture cursor even in region select capture mode (just move cursor to position quickly after initiating capture); configured delay no longer happens BEFORE start of capture.
  • [BugFix] Fixed an access error that could occur if you deleted the first screenshot you take after starting program.
  • [BugFix] Arrow text (and text box?) text editing could be really slow sometimes.
  • [BugFix] Recent version was failing to edit previous text of arrow labels.
  • [BugFix] Email SendTo would add new items even if toemail field was blank.
  • [MinorFeature] MoveTo directories can now support things like %APPDIR% etc for more portable configuration.
  • [BugFix] Miscelaneous small bug fixes
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:41 AM by mouser »

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v3.0 (!) - Feb 5, 2012
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Thanks for the update but have a few requests still outstanding (at least I think they are ...)

1) [Medium] Default Blend mode for Text Boxes and Highlights
This is still Multiply and you can't seem to change the default (*). The problem with Multiply is that Red simply disappears when the background is black.

(*) couldn't find anything specific in the settings but scanning through the ScreenshotCaptor.ini file I find several reference to Blend that were not there before (?). It may now remember the selection of this.

2) [Minor] 'SpecialFX splice out strip'
Still hasn't got it's own tool bar button :'(. I like the new effects added but as I use this feature frequently it would be really nice if they did get them ...
Only downside of the having the new "Deluxe" is it needs potentially two toolbar buttons.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:04 AM by hubi, Reason: fix grammar, note about Blend references in INI file »

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #320 on: February 05, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Nice write-up and quick review on gHacks for version 3!

http://www.ghacks.ne...t-captor-3-released/

Finally someone is calling it a Professional ScreenShot Program.
It may have been called that before,
but I haven't seen it as clear as gHacks, in this article.

Verdict

Screenshot Captor is a professional screenshot taking application for Windows. It offers a rich feature set and ships with features that are usually only available in commercial applications.

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2012, 12:24 AM »
Thanks for the great update  :Thmbsup:

Unfortunately, I still get this error when using "Delete all image files in screenshot directory" I reported earlier (link)
Access violation at address 004ECFC8 in module 'ScreenshotCaptor.exe'. Read of address 00000004.
This happens under WinXP 32bit and also under Win7x64.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32 AM »
does it happen reliably every time? or only rarely? any clues? i'm having a hard time reproducing it.
EDIT: ok i'm seeing it on win7.  working on it.

Ok i see the problem. Fixing.

Should be fixed now.  Would you mind re-downloading again and tell me if it's solved?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:06 AM by mouser »

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02 AM »
Woot, that was quick  :up:
Just downloaded 3.00.01 to the XP machine and tried to force the error but it seems gone. I will test the rest of the day and later also on my Win7x64 machine. Thanks for fixing!

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2012, 04:01 AM »
The current download doesn't seem to be renamable to .zip...

...well, that's nonsense, actually. I can rename it to screenshotcaptor.zip all I like, I just can't open it and extract its contents.  ;)
-- bests, Tim