Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 24, 2014, 08:36:44 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.9.1 - Oct 10, 2014  (Read 228530 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2009, 08:53:58 AM »

hubi, I will look again at those this weekend; the refresh issue is particularly annoying even though i thought i got rid of it before.  one workaround for now is to try not to keep too many images in the top level screenshots folder at a time.  use the Moveto helper menu to help you organize your screenshots into subdirectories.
hubi
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »

Ta for reply. Some feedback

1) It is still forgetting or losing on a regular basis the highlight setting (reverts to line thickness of 2 and the 'Inner Color' check box ticked) and the hiding of the "lower panel"

2) Ctrl/C seems to work

3) "Endless refresh" seems better in later releases though this is not consistent.

For 1) above is there an editable file we can change and or check for these settings ?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »

#1: let me see if i can't get that fixed in next release.
#3: i've actually been working on code to completely replace the thumbnail panel with something more efficient at showing large numbers of files, so rather than try to fix the issues with current display of large numbers of files, let's wait for that.
hubi
Charter Member

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2009, 07:49:58 PM »

Thanks again. Will wait  smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »

Update with some improved scanning/pdf features:

v2.75.01 - Oct 26th, 2009
  • [MinorFeature] PDF files are now saved with better compression.
  • [Feature] You can now ask SC to autosave scans as PDF files in a specific directory, and to auto-open if desired.
  • [Feature] New PDF save button on scanner toolbar saved current image to specific directory; can be used to save multiple images to one multi-page pdf.
  • [BugFix] Toolbar positions were sometimes not being remembered.
peterson
Supporting Member

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2009, 07:48:47 AM »

Hi mouser,
I can't run v2.75.01 on my machine.
I get this error:
ScreenshotCaptor.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because STI.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

My machine:  WinXP SP3, Core2Duo, 2GB RAM
peterson
Supporting Member

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2009, 07:59:32 AM »

Just a thought... does your app depend on Windows' default components?

If so, I may have removed too much from Windows using nLiteohmy
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »

minor update but important bug fix:
v2.76.01 - Nov 15th, 2009
  • [BugFix] In latest version a bug was introduced where if you changed screenshot directories you couldnt load images from the new directory (it always reverted to the old directory).
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2009, 07:20:14 AM »

I was having trouble updating from 2.75.02

DCupdater says said "get update failed" [read on]

so I went to
http://www.donationcoder....reenshotcaptor/index.html
& clicked on download link & Avira AntiVir Premium blocks it saying:

I added their explanatory link in there which is a lot of blah blah blah
Could it be possible that Avira was blocking dcUpdater from downloading it too? - yes, that was the problem!

Is it any help if I contact them or how does one prove it's not dubious?

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2009, 07:25:17 AM »

these antivirus companies driving me crazy.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2009, 07:27:22 AM »

please report the false positive here, and i will do the same:
http://forums.avg.com/us-...d&act=show&id=395
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2009, 07:29:14 AM »

No no - it's Avira "AntiVir" - I'll have a look for a link

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2009, 07:32:45 AM »

http://analysis.avira.com/samples/index.php
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2009, 07:40:33 AM »

No no - it's Avira "AntiVir" - I'll have a look for a link

Dont worry - I'll report it  ( http://forum.avira.com/wb...age=Board&boardID=131 )

note:
when I downloaded the file & scanned it I got no warning - since that I can go to the webpage no problem.

So I think it's something in the webpage or url - I'll report it on the forum

EDIT/ done
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 08:04:47 AM by tomos » Logged

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »

Pretty minor update but some useful stuff:

v2.77.01 - Nov 29th, 2009
  • [MinorFeature] In addition to existing commandline options, you can now just pass filename or directory name on commandline to open that file or directory, which makes SC suitable for using as an "Open With" program (also unminimizes from tray when launched in this way, even if already running).
  • [MinorFeature] You can pass "-scan" commandline option to initiate a scan -- note that you can do this even if Screenshot Captor is already running -- it will trigger a scan in the existing running instance.
  • [Feature] When you rename a file using the "Name:" box, SC no longer forces a resave of the file, which could result in image degradation and an updated file date; it now does a pure file rename (object file as well) if nothing but filename has changed (and extension is unchanged of course).  If you change the file extension from the "Name:" box, a new file will be created.
  • [MinorFeature] Added bottom+right border effect
  • [Feature] You can now cancel an autoscroll capture by hitting the escape key.
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2009, 03:09:50 PM »

thanks for the update mouser

btw I notice Avira corrected that false positive the following day (after I reported it)
This URL is indeed falsely classified as Malware. This has been corrected now and with one of the next VDF updates, the URL shouldn't be blocked anymore.

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2009, 04:36:17 AM »

Latest version:
v2.78.01 - Dec 24th, 2009
  • [Feature] New option to auto-file older screenshots into a subdirectory based on date -- useful in keeping your workspace cleaner.
  • [Minor Feature] You can now use Ctrl+A in the thumbnail panel to select all files.
  • [BugFix] Fix for thumbnail creation flickering.
  • [Minor Feature] When capturing desktop and no active window is selected; instead of the file comments saying "explorer.exe" they say "Desktop"
  • [Minor Feature] Transparency tool setting was not being saved between runs.
  • [Minor Feature] Added list of capture types you can trigger from commandline.
  • [Minor Feature] Fixed the "-printnext" commandline option.

Note: The updater doesn't know about this yet, going to wait for some feedback first; you can force the updater to grab it by right clicking on the item and choosing "Install from the web..".
hubi
Charter Member

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2009, 05:17:25 PM »

Thanks for new release. Comments

1) Not impressed that it automatically took all my existing files and placed them in subfolders without asking (hint, a prompt would have been nice). Resulted in a "WTF !" but was easy enough to work out and undo.

2) Flickering looks improved but not really sure if it is fixed (here is hoping).

3) Still have the problem where it sometimes forgets my settings for highlights (specifically 'Inner Color' off and 'Line width' = 3') plus the hiding the file comments area.

4) Have a new intermittent (but frequent) problem where the Screenshot captor appears in the task bar at system start. Have set to start when system starts. Please note this started with 2.77.01.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2009, 06:00:58 PM »

1) Not impressed that it automatically took all my existing files and placed them in subfolders without asking (hint, a prompt would have been nice). Resulted in a "WTF !" but was easy enough to work out and undo.

You're right -- the new autofiling option is on by default in the new version; at least on first use it should come up and tell user what's about to happen and give them option to disable.

2) Flickering looks improved but not really sure if it is fixed (here is hoping).

This (and accompanying slow reloading of display with large #'s of screenshots) will be fixed when i finally integrate the new thumbnail panel code i've written.

3) Still have the problem where it sometimes forgets my settings for highlights (specifically 'Inner Color' off and 'Line width' = 3')

ok i'll look again -- i think i fixed the transparent value being forgotten.

4) Have a new intermittent (but frequent) problem where the Screenshot captor appears in the task bar at system start. Have set to start when system starts. Please note this started with 2.77.01.
i know the problem, ill look into it again.
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2010, 02:04:02 PM »

You're right -- the new autofiling option is on by default in the new version; at least on first use it should come up and tell user what's about to happen and give them option to disable.

that had me in a little panic for a while too I'll tell you (just got the update today)
I personally dont see any advantage to the new filing system - cant I sort by date if I want to ? although maybe not in SC itself? - I usually sort the folder by date (or name) in file manager

Tom
octaedro7
Participant

« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2010, 08:58:20 AM »

First thanks for such a great tool, been using it for more than a year now.
For me the biggest handicap continues to be the inability to capture scrolling windows properly. I've experience all of what has been mentioned here; screen flickering at a level where you panic and kill SC, to the latest "close but not enough". In fact yesterday was the first and only time I've got an actual screenshot of an scrolling window out of it, capturing this very same forum in Firefox. But as I said it has many flaws and it takes like 20 seconds of flickering and scrolling to come up with a picture. Check it out.

For me this is the only significant draw back compared to similar applications out there.

Is this issue in your road map of priorities mouser?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2010, 09:00:01 AM »

scrolling capture is long overdue for an update from me; it is on my todo list.
isseb
Participant

« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2010, 10:00:29 AM »

Having problems with this version on Windows7 - On startup it simply hangs "Not Responding"
I removed the previous version manually & tried to reinstal but old version does the same after working ok previously any ideas.l
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2010, 10:07:21 AM »

does this happen even if you start it manually after windows starts?

another thing you could do is:
1) try renaming the ScreenshotCaptor.ini file in your docs and settings Screenshot Captor directory, maybe it got corrupted?
Polkapower
Participant

« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:03 AM »

Hi guys,
I'm very new to the screenshotcaptor program, but I love it already cheesy

Just wanted to say that you deliver excellent programs!

Ciao, Polka
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.062s | Server load: 0.17 ]