ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (18/156) > >>

mouser:
Added a minor beta update so people could test new sorting functionality and some new cool MoveTo menu items:
v2.48.01 - March 6th, 2009

* Added new "Move To" menu item which will create a folder based on current date and move all screenshots into it; useful for quick organizing of screenshot folder.
* Added new "Move To" menu for moving only old files and sorting into subfolders based on date of screenshot; userful for cleaning up a big directory of screenshots.
* Added sort by -> name option in View menu.
Note:
there will be more updates in the coming weeks so no need to download this beta unless you are really anxious to try it.

mouser:
I hope you like the new MoveTo menu items.. i think they really help you to keep your screenshots directory organized/archived.

mouser:
SSC is now taking a heck of a long time to complete a capture if I haven't used it for a while. After that it is quick enough. But let it sit and it can take 4, 5 minutes. Even then it stays red sometimes and never does signify the capture is complete unless I manually open the main window. Weird behavior.-J-Mac
--- End quote ---

After talking with J-Mac I think we've identified the cause of the problem to be the fact that he had many hundreds of screenshots in the Screenshot directory.. While i will work on removing the slowdown that occurs with so many screenshots, people might consider moving screenshots out of their main root Screenshots directory after a while.

The new MoveTo menu items are designed to help you do that regularly and painlessly.

J-Mac:
SSC is now taking a heck of a long time to complete a capture if I haven't used it for a while. After that it is quick enough. But let it sit and it can take 4, 5 minutes. Even then it stays red sometimes and never does signify the capture is complete unless I manually open the main window. Weird behavior.-J-Mac
--- End quote ---

After talking with J-Mac I think we've identified the cause of the problem to be the fact that he had many hundreds of screenshots in the Screenshot directory.. While i will work on removing the slowdown that occurs with so many screenshots, people might consider moving screenshots out of their main root Screenshots directory after a while.

The new MoveTo menu items are designed to help you do that regularly and painlessly.
-mouser (March 07, 2009, 12:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or we could just change the default screenshot location. File>Change Screenshot Directory.

Jim

mouser:
Keep in mind, it's not the location of the directory that matters, it's an issue that is caused by having too many thumbnails in the current screenshot directory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version