ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (121/156) > >>

mouser:
I'm glad to hear that preliminary reports are favorable.  I'm sure there will be some tweaking needed but it looks like the basic solution is viable.

Let me clarifying a bit since I keep saying these fixes are for "high-dpi" monitors.

It would be more precise to say that these fixes are to make the app look the way it should for people who have configured the "TEXT SIZE" in windows display settings to be larger than 100%.

In practice, windows suggests such "text size" enlargement for people who have very high resolution monitors (3000x2000 or in that range).

With the text size setting at something larger than 100%, programs are supposed to use larger text fonts and icons so that they are more readable even with the high resolution of the monitor.
Prior to this new release, Screenshot Captor (and my other apps), would ignore the windows "text size" enlargement setting, resulting in dialog windows with the "normal" sized fonts and icons, which could look quite small on these high-resolution monitors.

So.. Bottom line is that the new releases of my software meant to be compatible with high-dpi monitors, are really all about being compatible with Windows "text size" magnifications larger than 100%.   You shouldn't see any change if your setting for text magnification is at 100% (NOTE: If you want to experiment with this setting you MUST logout/reboot after changing it or SC and other apps will not properly adjust).

mouser:
Can you folks who are testing this post your text magnification setting and what OS you are using?

cranioscopical:
3000x2000 currently @ 200% on W10 Pro 64bit.

cranioscopical:
I just pulled up SSC options and things are a bit small in the previous version.

cranioscopical:
...but the new version is much improved

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version