topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022  (Read 1195961 times)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.9.1 - Oct 10, 2014
« Reply #500 on: November 07, 2014, 10:51 AM »
Hallo Mouser.

I'm a couple of versions back. (4.85)

Remember that cute little trick you put in for me a big while back, where "1 click" on the tray icon initiated the capture rectangle?

For a long time (but I never really worried about it) I have noticed a lag, maybe as much as 3 seconds, before the rectangle capture would kick in. But quasi recently I've been doing more capturing off videos, where the video (be it TV/movie or Youtube) shows something for under a second but I want to gaze at it idly for a week on a Sticky (Tom Revell / Zhorn).

But in videos, that 3 second delay means when I click the icon, 3 seconds later, that quick flash image is no longer there!

So I have to back up like 3-7 times, remember the trigger points, and guess when to click, and hope that when the rectangle locks in, is the image I want.

Was that lag a function of the ugly hack you needed back in the day for the feature, or do you think it's easy to clean up?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #501 on: November 07, 2014, 11:42 AM »
The first thing to check is if you have the Delay option engaged.  You can find that in the tray menu under "Capture Options..".

The second thing to check is if the delay only happens on the first capture in a long time.  That is, is the second capture fast if performed soon after the first one completes?

If you don't have the delay engaged and the second capture is fast, then the delay is due to Screenshot Captor being unloaded from memory by the operating system after a long period of disuse.  To combat this, you can go to the Startup Options for SC and choose the "Inactive Memory Use" option of "Stay in Memory Longer".

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #502 on: November 07, 2014, 09:42 PM »

Hmm. It's not so clear, but I did (re?) disable delay capture which might have been clicked on, (though it says 400ms, that's not what it felt like), and Stay in memory longer is def on.

So it seems a little better, and I'll try that for a while.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2014, 12:11 AM »
The delay is still there ... about 3 sec.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New minor beta uploaded, just getting back into the swing of things.  Although it is a very minor feature, the new (and default) print option to automatically choose page orientation based on aspect ratio of the image seems long overdue.

v4.9.3 BETA - December 16, 2014
  • [Feature] New print option (default) to match automatically page orientation to screenshot aspect ratio.
  • [MinorFeature] Added keyboard accelerator for Edit -> Select -> Remember item.
  • [BugFix] Uploader dialog was opening on wrong initial tab.
  • [BugFix] Patch region special effect was missing last row+column.
  • [Change] If you try to minimize SC and have unsaved changes, choosing cancel/dontsave will now still minimize the program.
  • [Feature] When you have multiple arrows selected and change arrow properties, all properties are updated except text labels.
  • [Feature] You can now save and load object preset files (saves and loads all properties of objects like arrows, text memos, etc); you can select some objects and apply an object preset file to change the properties of the selected objects.  It will save the settings of the current tool, or all tools if not in a specific object mode. See Objects menu. To show the Saved presets on the main toolbar (instead of as a submenu of Objects menu) see the "More Interface Options" tab.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:44 AM by mouser »

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.9.3 - DEC 31, 2014
« Reply #505 on: January 19, 2015, 03:09 AM »
Could I ask for a feature to somehow not show the "what do you want to do with this screenshot" and instead copy the image to clipboard or alternatively have one of the actions set as a default to streamline the process? thank you great.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #506 on: January 19, 2015, 03:19 AM »
That's there already, for aeons, AFAIK.
For your bear minimum requirements, go to Preferences:
- Interface Options: After Capture Show: should be set to 'Stay Minimized' or 'Show Main Form' (away form the 'PopUp Choice Dialog' default)
- Post Capture Options: Copy to Clipboard: select 'Image bitmap' from the combobox

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #507 on: January 27, 2015, 05:37 AM »
Holy cow, of course I forgot the limitless power of Mouser's settings pages. thanks Ath. You can even watermark all the images automatically.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #508 on: January 27, 2015, 06:56 AM »
Holy cow, of course I forgot the limitless power of Mouser's settings pages. thanks Ath. You can even watermark all the images automatically.

Yeah, we politely cheer Mouser for the hard work he does in his apps, with a little light humor.

Mouser comes from the old school before Apple's i-stuff "simplified" things.

So somewhere in his apps is probably an analogue of this xkcd comic:
http://xkcd.com/378/

You know, Settings/Other/Recipes/Celery and Peanut Butter/Peanut Butter selection/

;D

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #509 on: January 27, 2015, 07:54 AM »
I think the best feature mouser can add to any of his programs is a settings filter / free text search.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
LATEST VERSION:
v4.9.5 - March 23, 2015
  • [Feature] New option to quickly disable automatic adding of comment/note to captures.
  • [Feature] Renaming file with .pdf extension in quick filename field will now save a pdf file.
  • [Feature] Trying to view a PDF file now shows a more informative message in statusbar and opens pdf file with external application.
  • [Feature] During region capture, the cursor key behavior largely matches that of SC selection process (plain cursor keys MOVE selection rectangle; shift to move bottom right, alt to move top left).
  • [Change] Changed default option so that changing file extension in quick filename field will not remove original file but create a new one.
  • [Change] Saving Line/Arrow tool presets now saves arrow start and end shapes (be careful when applying in bulk to existing lines that it doesn't change their orientations).
  • [Change] When capturing an active window, SC no longer steals focus afterwards.
  • [Change/BugFix] Bitmap objects are no longer anti-aliased/blurred.
  • [BugFix] Message about capturing all black/white image could sometimes show behind main window.
  • [BugFix] When a blank comment field was set in options, it could cause spurious prompts about saving a non-dirty file on new captures.

millardjk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Portable zip is invalid; have tried to download & open it twice.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just tested the zip, and it's fine.
Let me tell you what can happen that would explain your problem -- sometimes when a download gets interrupted for some network reason, the browser thinks it downloaded it fine, and so all future attempts to download the file give you the same bad partial file.  It's a real flaw and leads to huge amount of confusion.

What you should do is try using another different web browser to download the file -- and let us know if that works.  You could also try clearing the "cache" of your web browser, though its not clear to me how to do that in all cases.

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have just downloaded the portable version & can confirm it is OK. Suggestions

a) Try clearing browser cache (has worked for me with having problems with downloads from sites)

b) Try another browser e.g. if using IE try Chrome or Firefox

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
thanks for update mouser,
PDF changes sound interesting, must check them out

• [Change/BugFix] Bitmap objects are no longer anti-aliased/blurred.
only got round to trying this today - works great :up:
Tom

millardjk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just tested the zip, and it's fine.

Waited a bit, then tried it again. Works perfectly.

And the PDF thing? While it no longer chokes on a PDF at startup, it still opens one (using the system-default PDF handler). Is there a way to disable this behavior all together?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v4.9.6 - April 22, 2015
  • [Improvement] Renaming files in thumbnail panel now preserves file extension.
  • [Feature Preview] Standalone screenshot window mode (see View menu), allows full screen editing, full-window file browser, and/or small floating preview window.

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi mouser,

It seems that the download links for Screenshot Captor haven't been updated- in stead of version 4.9.6 i still get version 4.9.5.

Regards

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sorry about that -- try now.

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you very much- everything is fine now, I downloaded both the installer and the portable version and both are the latest ones.

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This 4.9.6 update seems to have fixed issues I had with it

- "Hesitating" when selecting the region to capture (I use 'Grab selected selected region' as the default action)
- Delays in display and scrolling with the main window displayed as I have thumbnail window displayed

I thought it was my PC at fault (and it still might be) but all good :Thmbsup:

wut?!

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
  • Grainy and juicy.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is slick! I just replaced Greenshot, which I was never really keen on.

This place is great. I wish I'd discovered DonationCoder earlier.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Awesome, welcome to the site wut -- make yourself at home  :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v4.10.0 - April 28, 2015
  • [Improvement] Selecting multiple files with Ctrl+Click from thumbnail panel and dropping on current image now works better because it will ignore the case where the current image is selected.
  • [Improvement] Selecting multiple images with Ctrl or Shift no longer triggers loading of selected images.
  • [BugFix] No longer will query pale moon browser for current url even if option enabled in capture tab, since the browser does not respond with info.

Note: I am not pushing this to the update checker yet, since I pushed out another update so recently and the changes are not that important, but i just realized i haven't been updating the middle version# field that i normally do (4.x.0) and instead have been updating the build # (4.9.x), so thought i should correct that.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v4.12.0 - May 28, 2015
  • [BugFix] Ctrl+C to copy selected region to clipboard (especially with Ctrl+A) was not copying the last row and column.
  • [Improvement] New option to not display PDF files in thumbnail panel.
  • [Improvement] Clicking on a PDF file will now show message about double-clicking on thumbnail to open in default external viewer.
  • [Improvement] Last captured region is now preserved across runs.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:29 AM by mouser »